Unable to start a new game

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Gnack

Unable to start a new game

Post by Gnack »

I am guessing I did something stupid, but I am stumped, so thought I would ask here.

Downloaded and installed game.
Downloaded Beta patch from here and installed.
Downloaded SeaBee (which is awesome!) and used to create a shortcut that points to Beta2

Started game from the shortcut and everything loads fine, but on the initial pick opponent menu there is no option to start a new game. There is only load a save game, of which it shows no saves available. Otherwise I can operate all other toggles.

Appreciate any help or ideas. I have been following AAR thread for years and am finally focused on getting this loaded and working
Chris21wen

RE: Unable to start a new game

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Gnack

I am guessing I did something stupid, but I am stumped, so thought I would ask here.

Downloaded and installed game.
Downloaded Beta patch from here and installed.
Downloaded SeaBee (which is awesome!) and used to create a shortcut that points to Beta2

Started game from the shortcut and everything loads fine, but on the initial pick opponent menu there is no option to start a new game. There is only load a save game, of which it shows no saves available. Otherwise I can operate all other toggles.

Appreciate any help or ideas. I have been following AAR thread for years and am finally focused on getting this loaded and working

You mean some od this is missing? Note picture is worth a thousand words.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (130.22 KiB) Viewed 5 times
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

You have to select a scenario first in order to get the option to start a new game.

Alfred
Gnack

Post by Gnack »

Now I feel really silly but thank you for the response. Indeed scenario selection first was the answer. sorry for the silly question.

I do want to thank those who made the Beta and the SeaBee app. Great stuff and very helpful

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Reading section 2.7 of the manual would really have helped you.

Return to “Tech Support”