Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 (Submitted)

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

BeirutDude

Korean Missile Crisis, 2021 (Submitted)

Post by BeirutDude »

This is a fairly short/simple scenario but one warning, if you get to the point were NKPA MRBMs fire the game slows Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down in the boost stage of the missile launch. Also it is a one time only scenario because once you find the TELs the Fog of War is gone for future plays (I might teleport them for more randomness or maybe a random number of arrivals with a percentage chance of arriving). So please don't give it away for other players. Each SSM unit represents a single TEL, not a Platoon/Battery.

Update below...
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
SunlitZelkova

RE: Play Test: Korean Missile Crisis, 2021

Post by SunlitZelkova »

Hi! I have not played your scenario, but I am curious if the performance drop is when anti-ballistic missiles start firing. I am currently making a nuclear war scenario between China and the US and I may be having a similar issue. Was yours updated to 1.02 when the slowing was revealed?

For those who think this should be in the tech support area, I know, but because this was apparently fixed in 1.02, I am trying to see if other people have it too before taking up the dev's time with something that is just a problem on my computer.
Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

That's it. When the MRBMs are in the boost phase and the Aegis ABMs launch the calculations must be huge.

The zip contains two (2) scenario files one with six (6) MRBMs launching on airbases and it runs pretty much on time/normal, and a second where I added "Aegis Ashore" to the ROK and during the Boost and Intercept launch phases it slows waaaaaaaaaay down. Now after the missiles are toward the peak of the parabolic course it speeds up again (as the Korean Missile Crisis. 2021 does a bit). I'll bet if I added satellites to my sandbox scenario it would almost halt like my PT scenario does.
Attachments
mrbmtest.zip
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

Is this an update of the earlier Command Live scenario "The Korean Missile Crisis", back from 2018 or so?
SunlitZelkova

Post by SunlitZelkova »

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

That's it. When the MRBMs are in the boost phase and the Aegis ABMs launch the calculations must be huge.

The zip contains two (2) scenario files one with six (6) MRBMs launching on airbases and it runs pretty much on time/normal, and a second where I added "Aegis Ashore" to the ROK and during the Boost and Intercept launch phases it slows waaaaaaaaaay down. Now after the missiles are toward the peak of the parabolic course it speeds up again (as the Korean Missile Crisis. 2021 does a bit). I'll bet if I added satellites to my sandbox scenario it would almost halt like my PT scenario does.

Yeah, mine has at least 100 or so ICBMs and all 50 or so of the GMDs in Alaska are launched, so it becomes rather unplayable (1 in game second takes over a minute).

I am going to make a report in the tech support section, the title will be "ABM Engagements cause game to slow", so if you can please post those scenarios and any other evidence you might have in it, it might help them figure out how to fix it.
Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Is this an update of the earlier Command Live scenario "The Korean Missile Crisis", back from 2018 or so?

No it's an original work.

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Yeah, mine has at least 100 or so ICBMs and all 50 or so of the GMDs in Alaska are launched, so it becomes rather unplayable (1 in game second takes over a minute).

I am going to make a report in the tech support section, the title will be "ABM Engagements cause game to slow", so if you can please post those scenarios and any other evidence you might have in it, it might help them figure out how to fix it.

Will do

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Updated the scenario, based on my play testing...

1. Reintroduced some satellites (U.S. Commercial, UK and Japanese), thought they were slowing the scenario down but looks like it is the ABM missile launches with the MRBM launches (boost stage for both). That will be sent to Tech Support, see above.
2. Added 6 hours to the scenario to give the satellites more daylight to search for the MRBM TELs. 24 hours is probably too long for the scenario, but if you destroy all of the KN-11 Pukguksong-2 TELs and the NK SSB the scenario will end.
3. Moved USS Michigan to a better location.

New update below...

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Tweaked a lot of things and added teleporting of the KN-11 TELs to add replay value.

Nuke inbound

Attachments
NukesInbound.jpg
NukesInbound.jpg (112.96 KiB) Viewed 4 times

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

NuDet SW of Kadana AFB

Attachments
NuDet1.jpg
NuDet1.jpg (109.9 KiB) Viewed 4 times

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Two More inbound

Attachments
NukesInbound2.jpg
NukesInbound2.jpg (109.89 KiB) Viewed 4 times

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

One malfunctioned, NuDet Naha JASDF Base...

Attachments
NuDetNaha.jpg
NuDetNaha.jpg (109.78 KiB) Viewed 4 times

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Updated file 10/23/2020
Attachments
Korean Mis..-23-2020.zip
(374.42 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”