[Logged] Units switching sides causes apparent duplication

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AndrewJ

[Logged] Units switching sides causes apparent duplication

Post by AndrewJ »

Hello,

In Gunner98's "Borscht on Bornholm" scenario, there is a Lua action to change the units in Ronne Port from the NATO side to the Captured side when one of the player's units remains in the port for a certain amount of time.

The action triggers properly, but, after the action is complete, the units in the port appear to be duplicated. Each unit is shown twice, superimposed on each other.

Looking with God's Eye or in the OOB shows that there really is only one of each unit, even though the player sees two.

Test scenario attached. Zoom in on Ronne and press play and the PT-76 should move in to trigger the event.
Attachments
BalticFur..trigger.zip
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
michaelm75au

RE: [B1147.7]Units switching sides causes apparent duplication

Post by michaelm75au »

I'm not seeing this on the latest DEV build. From memory, this was an issue with auto-detected units not being correctly removed when 'allied/friendly'.
I'll check when that was implemented.
---
This was fixed back in 2019 (0013059: Autodetect on 'friendly' posture not correct) so it might be something else that has been addressed since 1147.7
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

There is already a logged ticket for this - 0013939: Double Allied Objects on Map (1.01.11343). According to this it was fixed and then broken again with a beta, but I can't see it broken in the current DEV beta.

The duplicate is a 'contact' so can be removed by selecting them all and pressing 'P' to drop the contacts.
Michael
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

The peculiar thing is that the other allied contacts (the Polish bases and aircraft) are not duplicated. The only duplication happens on the units which have had their side changed.
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Existing ticket updated.

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: AndrewJ

The peculiar thing is that the other allied contacts (the Polish bases and aircraft) are not duplicated. The only duplication happens on the units which have had their side changed.
The issue I found was that it was not removing auto-detected contacts from the side when it changed; that test was after another one that was being triggered so it didn't get to it. That was corrected and works in the current DEV build. From what I can tell, it should be in 1147.7 build but I could be wrong and it is a post 1147.7 fix.
Michael
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Has this been fixed in B1147.9 ?

Return to “Tech Support”