AutoSave Folder

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Divadov

AutoSave Folder

Post by Divadov »

From the beginning I have never been able to save the games in C:\Users\Name\Downloads folder or similar. The option "save as" ignore mi orders and always saves them in the scenario folder.

A few weeks ago I updated Windows8 to Windows10 and I have gone crazy looking where the program saved the files, at the end I found it in: C\Users\Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios...

How can I save the files where I want?
rkr1958

RE: AutoSave Folder

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: Divadov

From the beginning I have never been able to save the games in C:\Users\Name\Downloads folder or similar. The option "save as" ignore mi orders and always saves them in the scenario folder.

A few weeks ago I updated Windows8 to Windows10 and I have gone crazy looking where the program saved the files, at the end I found it in: C\Users\Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios...

How can I save the files where I want?
Sounds like a permissions issue in windows. Though no help to you but I have no problem using "save as" to save a game file anywhere I wish or for that matter to browse to and open a game file anywhere I've saved or moved them to.
Ronnie
Divadov

Post by Divadov »

If I play the game as administrator the files are saved in Program Files (x86)... like before the update to Windows10 [:)]

Although I continue without can save the game where I want, it is an advance.
Divadov

Post by Divadov »

After few months without play. I have updated to the latest version 4.2.0.0 and I see that it still cannot save the games in the folder that I want, it always saves them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Scenario Name\Saved Games
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Divadov

After few months without play. I have updated to the latest version 4.2.0.0 and I see that it still cannot save the games in the folder that I want, it always saves them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames\Scenarios\Scenario Name\Saved Games
I checked the code and it will always save manual saves as you described. The only difference being that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\World in Flames

may be replaced by the directory name where you have the MWIF.exe that you execute. For example, I have mine on my D: drive.

---

I'll think about adding an option to the Player Interface form to let a player set a different folder as the destination for saved games. Nothing promised here - but I am at least aware of your request now.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Divadov

Post by Divadov »

Thanks, better late than never ;)

Return to “Tech Support”