Save Game Runtime Error

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

cristianwj

RE: Save Game Runtime Error

Post by cristianwj »

Same problem run to me. It's make me a little upset.
Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno
Elma666

Post by Elma666 »

Anything new about that ....error, today i have it first time then i play without compatibily mode, another 3 hours lost in space for nothing, thats sucks sooo much! And nice that nobody from devs seems to Interest that, but sell it for much money like a new super Game. In the Steam chat much people have this error too, but.....
pyrrhus626

Post by pyrrhus626 »

Uninstalling the game then manually deleting the files left behind by Steam before reinstalling seems to have fixed this problem for me so far. I made a backup of my saves and moved them over after reinstalling and it's working fine. I'm pretty sure it's related to the save folder itself. For me the problem only started after I deleted a bunch of old saves so I'm wondering if something in the save function wasn't trying to recall files that no longer existed to load the list of saves?

It's possible that if this worked then just deleting the save folder itself and repairing the game through Steam's function to restore lost / corrupted files could also work. But I'm not sure on that one, someone would have to test it. Hopefully this helps someone else, I've been fighting with this bug for a couple weeks now. I'll update this is it turns out the bug comes back.

Edit: So of course as soon as I post this the crash happens again. Three hours crash free with a couple dozen test saves and as soon as I say something it kills itself again. Wonderful.
Elma666

Post by Elma666 »

I have no saves, play only Multiplayer, I reinstall x-times,have a steam and a box version, both makes this errors, try 1.11.03 and with the box version the betas, but all time the same error......some days it runs some days that error comes, but you cant know it before you try to save. Sometimes i load game from server make 5 min and save, then i load it again and make the turn 2 hours and then error.....ggrrrr
Elma666

Post by Elma666 »

Hi,thats ok, i try it two times right before yet and every time then i try to save after make my move i become this fck runtime error, i write since march about that error but nobody do something again this,much more players have this shit. 4 hours playing now again for nothing......grrrrrr
I didnt take new games against other since march while this fck error, thats so frusttrating,but they will have fck much money for this game that didnt run stable. Thats my favorite strategy game since 2012,ocer 4000hours playing with two versions,but now im at a point that i never take this game in Hand and the coming wite2 i dont buy.
If its ok for you i will end this great game, i think you can hold berlin to the end but all other will be lost, so i think we have a stalemate.I learn much in this party against you, thx for playing on after not reaching your goals in 41, and if it runs normally i really really will see how it goes on, think the summer 44 will be hot, but so the things are on thats unplayables with this bug.

This is from my last game that i end today,since march.............bye bye wite and wite2 and thx devs for do nothing!!!
sjr162

Post by sjr162 »

I had this problem too running MoD maps - rainy day in Russia. Had to verify the files using Steam Propoerties, which delted all my MoD mappping but fixed the Runtime issue. But I want my lovely Map back.................
righteousrob

Post by righteousrob »

Has this been fixed? I updated windows and believe I am on the updated game but it keeps crashing. Sometimes on manual save, sometimes after the AI turn. Not sure whats going on.
Javip

Post by Javip »

Hi all,

I was suffering this same issue some weeks. I really tested everything to figure out the issue reason, but the only real fix is to rename "sound" folder to "_sound". This game never crashes again after this change, but of course, you will play without game music, etc.

J.
eskuche

Post by eskuche »

Some have reported that this may be due to low memory. I crashed a few times in the past two days, but I had youtube and Adobe Illustrator both open on 8 gm ram.
adrien89

Post by adrien89 »

i have the problem that appeared it has been fixed?
adrien89

Post by adrien89 »

I have the same problem as here

Here is what I tried to do and that its them no results:

-Run the game in Windows 7 compatibility

-Install the game on disk C

-Have nothing in full full screen put everything in window

-Run everything admin even Steam

-Reinstall the game

-Fixed the game

-Update Windows 10

-Update my driver

-Update my bios [&:]

-I literally fixed all the errors in the Windows application logs

-I also fixed all errors in the Windows logs in the system (except error 10016)

My configuration:
-3 Screen
-16 GB
-980 ti
ssd sata of 120 (c disk with more than 40 GB available)
-2 discs 1T
-1T ssd
Windows 2004 version
OS version: 19041,610
An idea ?
adrien89

Post by adrien89 »

sorry for the triple post i could not find the button to delete them
adrien89

Post by adrien89 »

the game version 1,12,05 does not regulate anything even if I restart on a new game
adek670

Post by adek670 »

Just returning to WITE and the runtime issue is the same for me. Crashes out either in the game or during the AI turn. I am running the steam version - never had a problem with 333hours plus on this game over the years, until now.

Game also appears to get clunky and slow down after a few turns. Seems to be with latest final and beta patch -- no difference.

Is the game now too old to run on the latest version of windows?

Shame -has always been my go to when I need a hex battle fix.
eskuche

Post by eskuche »

Renaming the sound folder completely fixed my crashing issues (but not memory leak).
adek670

Post by adek670 »

rgr -- looks like its no sound for now -- any ideas if the Devs are still looking into this?
eskuche

Post by eskuche »

If you poke around more I remember there being a sound codec decoding issue. Don’t the specifics but there was a workaround that I couldn’t quite manage. I also suspect it may just be a few of the sound files that are corrupted (or corrupting the operating system) but haven’t had the willpower to identify which one yet...
adek670

Post by adek670 »

looks like it works fine without sound thus far
adrien89

RE : Enregistrer l’erreur d’exécution du jeu

Post by adrien89 »

Hello
I found a sound folder i rename them but its nothing changed for me.
You have the exact name of the folder.
adek670

RE: RE : Enregistrer l’erreur d’exécution du jeu

Post by adek670 »

Its the sound folder found within DAT.. I simply renamed the entire folder _Sound -- so added _ and it worked fine through a full run through of road to leningrad.

Return to “Tech Support”