[Logged] Ignore plotted course and Cranking?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Swant

[Logged] Ignore plotted course and Cranking?

Post by Swant »

Does crank if posible work? It seems my flight just want to fly straight to the target.
I tried to manually crank by plotting a new course. The flight did not respond. I checked the side doctrine as well as the doctrine for the flight and It was set to : Ignore plotted course NO. But when I checked the individual aircrafts the doctrine was set to YES.

What's the reson for this?
thewood1

RE: Ignore plotted course and Cranking?

Post by thewood1 »

Just so the devs don't have to ask? Can you post a save where you think the problem is? There are so many variables and switches across scenarios, sides, missions, groups, and units, it be guessing at best otherwise.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
Battelman2

Post by Battelman2 »

I've noticed this too. I don't have a save handy, but when I get one I'll open a thread in the Tech Support forum.

It seems that individual aircraft have stopped respecting the doctrine settings of the flight in a recent CMO release.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Any update and save on this? We cannot investigate what we cannot reproduce and see for ourselves.
Swant

Post by Swant »

Ok so the first quiestion about cranking is that in for example the mission: Operation Baltic Vigilance 2020, the setting crank if posible doesn't have a checkmark. And when you fire a meteor missile with JAS 39 they don't crank.
Attachments
Operation..ce2020.zip
(181.95 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Swant

Post by Swant »

The second question is that in this save from the same mission the setting ignore plotted course when attacking is set to no in the side doctrine, the CAP mission doctrine, and the two flights of JAS 39.
But when you select a individual JAS 39, the setting is YES
Attachments
Operation..e22020.zip
(178.84 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Logged for investigation.

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Swant,

On the second issue, units assigned to a patrol mission are automatically set to 'yes' for 'ignore plotted course' doctrine so that they will go investigate contacts even if they have a patrol course plotted. If they were left with 'no' for this setting aircraft with a patrol course set would ignore contacts until they completed the course, which could allow contacts to get into/through the patrol area unchallenged.

The issue with aircraft not cranking in this situation will be fixed in the next update.
KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

Removed. I am an idiot, figured out my issue. :)

Return to “Tech Support”