[Save Required] Raid on Kismayo - Bugged?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

MarechalJoffre

[Save Required] Raid on Kismayo - Bugged?

Post by MarechalJoffre »

No matter what I do, I can't unload my marines from Ospreys in this scenario. When I designate a drop zone, the Ospreys won't launch and will RTB if launched manually. In addition, one of the Ospreys don't get shown on the mission editor when I try to create a cargo mission. Help me out please it is frustrating.
parmenio

RE: Raid on Kismayo - Bugged?

Post by parmenio »

I'm pretty certain this happened to me at one point (I'm playing this scenario right now) but I put it down to my complete inability to know what I'm doing with cargo missions.

(BTW, I can't download your save from OneDrive)
WDS Modern Air Power | WDS Naval Campaigns | WDS Squad Battles | WDS Strategic War
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Often I have found that when "weird things" happen, it is because the game is using one version, and the scenario was created using a different database. So, either the game does something slightly different, or the database is slightly different, and there is some kind of minor incompatibility that causes "weird behavior" to occur.

You have to remember that some of these scenarios were created a while back, and they may need a little TLC to get them back up to speed.

I'm not saying that this is what you have, but it is a place to start looking.

Doug
MarechalJoffre

Post by MarechalJoffre »

ORIGINAL: parmenio
(BTW, I can't download your save from OneDrive)

I deleted the save since I figured out I didn't have the infantry loaded onboard the Ospreys, so technically you wouldn't able to unload something that weren't on the heli in the first place. But it was weird because I was sure I had them loaded as cargo.

So I ran a second test and had my infantry load abroad the Ospreys at the very beginning of the scenario. A while later however infantry went back to being unloaded, and I suspect it had something to do with an event firing (the one where you spot the main terrorist compound). I had to spend another 30 mins loading the infantry and only then could the Ospreys land their cargo as intended.

In conclusion it appears to me that an event firing resets the cargo status. How? I'm not sure. Thereby causing my issue.
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

We'll need a save to look into this properly, there are too many variables involved to independently recreate it.

Return to “Tech Support”