Willpower

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

PyrrhicDefeat

Willpower

Post by PyrrhicDefeat »

Found a holographic Freud artifact that is a leader feat that boosts a leader's willpower by 20. Who would this be good for? I know willpower is the basis for resist influence and improvisation. I'm thinking foreign affairs or covert ops director - any thoughts?
Twotribes

RE: Willpower

Post by Twotribes »

Anyone ever have an answer for this? Does will power effect life length?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Malevolence

Post by Malevolence »

I think Willpower helps distance a leader from their faction's influence.

Do you have a good leader? You want to mitigate the relation losses, while you smack their faction around? I think Willpower somewhat diminishes the impact of relation loss (or gain) with respect to other's regime profiles.

They are more independently minded.

I do not understand how leaders make delegated decisions. I do not know if Willpower also impacts those decisions.

This is related to a similar stratagem that demands the leader's obedience to you, +10 Willpower.

There is a kabuki dance that goes on around loyalty, relation, factions, regime profiles, etc. but the details are understood only by the game's engine and the outcomes seem preordained.
Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

I'm not at home but I thought about it playing yesterday, managed great without so far [:D]. A leader has a skill number in certain skills. It is based on character traits, that can be seen above. Like strength, charisma, intelligence and willpower etc. Now, if the leader needs to make a skill roll, he gets to add in the skill number, the trait number and possible bonuses, like the "Freud"-card.

So if a leader has a science skill of 40, intelligence skill of 23 and a helping bonus-android, he/she gets the end number (that can be seen to the right of skill at the end) of 40+23+10=73.

I'm sure it's in the manual, correct me if I'm wrong.
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

Willpower is used for the skills:
- Resist Influence
- Improvisation
- 6th Sense
- Survival

Limiting the impact of Faction relations would make sense for this Stat, but I found no indication that it does or does not do that.

The Tooltip says you want to have it high on the SHQ commanders.
DW2 Poll:
"Should the Civil and non-Combat Ships loose all or most of their weapon slots?"
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=382690

Return to “Shadow Empire”