A Tale of Two Rad Treatments

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Malevolence

A Tale of Two Rad Treatments

Post by Malevolence »

(1) Rad Treatment Center (Government/Only in a City) - "This asset reduces the effect of RAD points in a Hex." -- Produces xxx radTeatmentPoints

(2) Anti-Radiation Infrastructure (Logistics/City or Non-City) - "This asset reduces the effect of RAD points in a Hex." -- Produces xxx radProtectionPoints

Can anyone describe the difference between radTeatmentPoints and radProtectionPoints?

I could find nothing at all in the documents.
Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
diamondspider

RE: A Tale of Two Rad Treatments

Post by diamondspider »

Since both of my big games so far have happened to have extremely high radiation over 50% of the map, I have looked into this a bit, but I believe the rad treatment is the rad reduction per hex param, while the rad protection stops you from getting sick to start with when out in the field. I believe there is no way to cure rads you are poisoned with, and the protection level is well hidden and not possible to find on Militia, but does show in stat log for troops. This is an area that needs a bit of polish it seems.

Rads also, unrealistically, do not accumulate.
Malevolence

Post by Malevolence »

Thanks!

I had no idea it was a permanent debuff. I assumed the debuff was only for the period the unit was in the hot zone hex--like terrain works.
Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
diamondspider

Post by diamondspider »

Actually, I haven't tested that it doesn't go away, but I assumed it. Will test tonight :) If it goes away, then that does change things a good bit. I have been careful to not get poisoned by staying out of high rad areas until I had armor to handle it, but I do have some poisoned units that I can pull it and test.
diamondspider

Post by diamondspider »

Somewhat surprising and odd results of my test:

1) Yes, it does seem to wear off over time, but there is a delay of at least 1 turn (not counting the turn you go to lower rad levels).
2) Very oddly, and perhaps buggy, if the hex has a structure (in my test it was just a Battle Dojo in the middle of nowhere) it immediately takes all of my rads away and keeps them away for that turn regardless of if I enter high rad.

So, the fact that it does at least go away on its own means that my caution has been a bit too much. Sadly, this also is a bit disappointing because it really just means that it is only a factor when you want to do heavy fighting in an area when you have less rad protection than needed (which all vehicles tend to have an you can get fairly early)... You can scout around in high rad area all day long and not worry about any real consequences ;(

Return to “Shadow Empire”