[FIXED B1141.2] Sub movement bug with CMO Build 1141.1

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Lowlaner2012

[FIXED B1141.2] Sub movement bug with CMO Build 1141.1

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Hi there, I loaded up the latest update(CMO Build 1141.1), I tried a few scenarios and noticed that there seems to be a problem with some of the subs, no matter what speed you set or what you try they won't move... Is anybody else having this problem?

I have attached a save, you'll find that USS Dallas and USS Seawolf wont budge...

Thanks
Attachments
Subnospeedbug.zip
(438.12 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
cmanouser1

RE: Sub movement bug with CMO Build 1141.1

Post by cmanouser1 »

Have you restarted the game and tried again? That's a bug I was getting sometimes before this version that solves by restarting.
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Cannot replicate. Everything including all Player and AI subs move as plotted in your save except that there is no USS Dallas or USS Seawolf. Perhaps you posted the wrong saved game?

-C

Attachments
OOB.jpg
OOB.jpg (434.17 KiB) Viewed 388 times
cmanouser1

Post by cmanouser1 »

Yeah as said this bug does exist, but it goes away when reloading.
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Thanks for getting back to me, Ive tried restarting the game and re-downloading and re-installing the patch (to make sure it wasn't corrupted or something) and the problem is still there...

Ive think Ive narrowed it down a bit, its only seems to happen to Subs that start scenario at zero speed, if the Subs moving at the start of the scenario its works ok...

Im gonna re-install the game, maybe somethings got corrupted somewhere...

P.S sorry about the wrong save
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

ORIGINAL: cmanouser1

Yeah as said this bug does exist, but it goes away when reloading.
Occasionally reported but not replicated so perhaps it is related to loading a scenario or save. That said, I have no recollection of having experienced this so-called bug in either CMO or CMANO.

-C
cmanouser1

Post by cmanouser1 »

It is quite rare: I recently played half of the Silent Service, and got it only twice. This thread describes a 'not moving' behavior but I got also the opposite where the submarines would be moving and changing depth like madmen, not following orders.
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

I've tried a totally fresh install and it's still happening in every scenario I open...

Here are the steps to recreate the problem..

1. In any scenario press the advance time button..

2. Select a sub and open the throttle and altitude setting box..

3. Check the avoid cavitation box..

4. Click on any of the speed settings and the speed jumps back to zero when time is running..

I have included a save of the four horseman scenario, in the scenario is the K-148 Krasnodar, no matter what I click I can't get it to move..

Attachments
Krasnodar..bugsave.zip
(174.66 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

I tried this with a number of Silent Service scenarios and no issues noted. I opened Pole Positions though and the SEAWOLF and DALLAS behaved as described. Try to set a speed and it snaps back to zero in the F2 window. In the sidebar, you can set the speed and it will stay there but that's not actually happening. Open the window with F2 again and its zero and can't be set.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
Randomizer

POLE POSITIONS problem after update

Post by Randomizer »

It may be scenario related, perhaps something broke with an update. Tested several other LIVE scenarios with submarines and the issue does not seem to be repeated in them, only in Pole Positions.

When I open Pole Positions selecting Side US, CMO crashes to desktop, this is a first. The scenario does open as Russia OK and I can then change sides to the US once in the Editor but the US subs are indeed frozen. However, the Ohio SSBN on the side US SSBN is not frozen and can accept speed orders correctly if you change to that side. This points to something within the scenario rather than some specific bug in the game.

So it seems that something is going on with that particular scenario.

For the CMO Team: To replicate the issue:

- Open LIVE scenario Pole Positions, select Side US
- Select any of the US submarines.
- Open the Throttle Window F2 and attempt to give speed orders, either using preset settings or entering desired speed directly. Expect no response but units will respond normally to new depth orders.
- Remove units from their missions. Expect no change and units will still not accept any speed orders.
- Change to Side US SSBN and set speed for the Ohio. Unit should accept and respond to the orders normally.

All of the above in Win-7 and Build 1141.1.

-C
Rory Noonan

RE: POLE POSITIONS problem after update

Post by Rory Noonan »

Logged for investigation.

Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Randomizer I feel like you kinda doubted what I was saying, I've been playing strategy games since the 80s, I've had Cmano for around 5 years and consider myself to be competent with most of it's features... I've also beta tested numerous games for Matrix and AGEOD...

If I say I noticed a bug with the submarines in several scenarios (Pole positions and The four Horseman among others) there's a decent chance there is (at least on my PC) I tried restarting the game and a totally fresh install, but it made no difference...

Thanks Apache85

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Q. The subs don't have a status of 'Waiting for pathfinder' or such. I know the speed drops to 0 when it starts to look for a new path.
Michael
bghvip1

Post by bghvip1 »

Hello,
I can confirm the same issue with this update over a fresh Steam install.
Bye
schweggy

RE: [Logged] Sub movement bug with CMO Build 1141.1

Post by schweggy »

I can confirm this bug exists. Reloading the scenario or CMO does not fix it. See the attached save file. The sub selected won't move. You can change depth, but not speed.
Attachments
Sub_Issue.zip
(132.81 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
- schweggy -

Montani Semper Liberi - Mountaineers are always free
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

This should be resolved with build 1141.2
Michael
bghvip1