Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

CV60

RE: Updated DB image packs are available!

Post by CV60 »

Hm

I have deletet it and waited an hour (Game was running), but it downloaded only about 600 photos.... (I then copied back the rest from a save folder)

It would be really better to do it manually also

Morphin-I understand your concern. If I may make a suggestion: Post this request in the "Tech SUpport" forum. I'm not an employee of Warfare Sims-I'm just a player, like yourself. I'll mention it to the team, but you might get more traction if you posted under its own tech support post.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

I've been adding some images from Wikipedia, etc. to plug a few missing ones in the database. Is sharing with the community encouraged or discouraged?

The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

I've been adding some images from Wikipedia, etc. to plug a few missing ones in the database. Is sharing with the community encouraged or discouraged?

< Message edited by boogabooga -- 1/13/2020 10:12:51 PM >

Certainly you are free to create and share your own image packages. However, I think that doing so will interfere with the automatic download of new images, as we make them available. If I may suggest the following:
1) Create a folder and Title it "My CMO Images"
2) COPY your CMO/DB/Images file here. Currently, you should have 4,861 images in the CWDB subfolder, and 10,858 images in the DB3000 subfolder. (Note: I will call this the "official" Image update package for ease of reference. In fact, it is not produced by Warfare Sims, but is maintained entirely by a small team of volunteers)
3) Create another 2 subfolders in "My CMO Images" titled "My DB3000" and "My CWDB"
4) When you find an image you like to use or replace an existing CMO image, place it in the appropriate "My CWDB" subfolder. I will call these "Personal Images"
5) COPY these "Personal Images" to your CMO/DB/Images and place it in the appropriate CWDB or DB3000 folder

When we release the new image packages (which generally happens in April, June and September) do the following:

A) Delete your CMO/DB/Images folder, This will eliminate all your images from the game.
B) COPY your "My CMO Images" Images file (NOT your altered "My DB3000" and "My CWDB" folders to your CMO/DB/Images). You now have a copy of the previous "official" database images released
C) Start CMO and wait a couple of hours. It will download the revised images that were released with the latest update. Typically, we release around 500-800 new images with each update. When this process is completed, you now have the most recent and latest "official" updated on your computer. However, your Personal images are no longer included.
D) COPY your CMO/DB/Images file back to your "My CMO Images" folder. You now have a complete copy of the latest image package. You will want this when the next "official" update happens.
E) COPY Your "Personal Images" from your "My CWDB" subfolders and place them in the appropriate folders. If the "official" update didnt' include an image for that platform, your image will immediately occupy the slot for the platform. If the "official" update did include a new image for that platform, you will be given a choice as to whether use the official image or overwrite it with your personal image.

As an aside, If you want to provide any images you find to the "official" data package, PM me or kgambit and include the image, the link where you got it, and the system you think it should replace, such as "Ship_2147" or "Weapon_381". If we include it, we will give you credit. If you want to work with us on this project, PM me, and I"ll get you set up.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Are the new pics and descriptions packs downloadable when? I don't mean automatic download, but manual full packages.

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876 does have Sept 2019 ones.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Sigma8510

Post by Sigma8510 »

ORIGINAL: CV60
quote:

ORIGINAL: CV60
John-You can download the images at http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876. However, Kgambit and I just submitted a new package yesterday, so the new images should be available shortly, so you may want to delay doing that.

I checked but the database is still the old one, dated 2019-09. When will the new package be available? Thanks!

Warfare Sims has them and has arranged for them to be automatically uploaded to your game. to get updated images you must first delete your local cache at [CMO]\DB\Images\) and [CMO]\DB\Descriptions\

I deleted the local cache and left CMO open for about 6 hours. Only downloaded 42 PICs. Does the game clock need to be running? Not sure what I am doing wrong.
AntoneT

Post by AntoneT »

Perhaps the game download PIC's on-demand as you view units rather than pulling the whole database at one time?
Sigma8510

Post by Sigma8510 »

ORIGINAL: AntoneT

Perhaps the game download PIC's on-demand as you view units rather than pulling the whole database at one time?

I believe you are right. Depending on my connection, it can be a bit of a delay in seeing the PICs as I browse the database. I will probably download the entire group as I have before once the updated ones are available.
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

Alright, here is Part 1 of my image pack for the CWDB. The focus on this pack is U.S. freefall nukes, Titan II, Quail decoy, and the AIR-2 Genie. I plan to eventually add more U.S. ballistic missiles, satellites, and general facilities.

Images from Wikipedia (several languages language) and the website of the National Museum of the United States Air Force.
Attachments
CWDB.zip
(3.78 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

BTW, several images (Aircraft_4060 to Aircraft_4062) are wrong in the latest CWDB version as they depict transport aircraft instead of the A-6 Intruders that now fill those entries.

I'm talking about what gets downloaded from the server, not any packs that I've added in from elsewhere.
kgambit

Post by kgambit »

Will be fixed in the next update. Those images (4060-4062) actually belong in DB3K
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

Why do my pictures display so large in the DB viewer even though I reduced the size? It seems that it only makes it grainier, not smaller....

[&:]
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Did you change the actual size of the image in the CB/Images/CWDB or /DB3000 folder? If so, that will have no impact on the size of the image in the viewer. You will get the same size image, it will just be more grainy.
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

So, is there a way to change the image size in the viewer itself...?

It seems to me that not all of the entries are the same size as each other.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

So, is there a way to change the image size in the viewer itself...?

It seems to me that not all of the entries are the same size as each other.

No, there isn't a way to edit the image size in the viewer. The viewer automatically takes whatever image you give it, and makes it a standard size on your screen. So a 1080 pixel image will appear to be the same physical size on your screen as a 60 pixel-sized image. The 60 pixel image will just be more grainy. The actual raw images we put in the database are not all the same size. This is due to a variety of factors. In some cases, we crop them to better illustrate the particular piece of equipment. In some cases, it because the original image was of a non-standard size. Remember, our goal in this particular image package is not to provide the best "eye candy", but to provide accurate images of the equipment in question. While we certainly will use the most dramatic or artistically appealing image we can, we generally do not do so at the expense of accuracy in depicting the equipment.
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

Hi all wondering if anyone can help. I had to reinstall CMANO and in doing so i have to download all the images and descriptions again from here. I just downloaded the descriptions but when i went to move the CWDB descriptions from the download folder to my desktop it didnt work, and an error message pops up in a window saying Windows Explorer has stopped working, and then that has to restart. It seems i cant move any of data around between folders, when i try i get that message. Has anyone else had this? does anyone know why i'm getting this? playing the game is so much better with those images and descriptions, thanks for any help[:)]
NAVMAN

Post by NAVMAN »

Are the 09/19 updates the latest versions for COMANO?

Thx.
kgambit

Post by kgambit »

Latest update was in January, 2020. The next update will probably be later in April or possibly May.
NAVMAN

Post by NAVMAN »

kgambit,
Thx for the reply. Where are they located? When I check warfaresims.com, it shows 09-2019
as the date of the databases.

Thx.
kgambit

Post by kgambit »

My bad - I thought the Jan updates had been uploaded already. Let me check with Steve.
NAVMAN

Post by NAVMAN »

OK.
Thx.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”