Whats the female representation playing Steel Panthers

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

troopie

Post by troopie »

Although traditional Afrikaner ideology says they shouldn't, women fought to defend laagers and homesteads during the Great Trek and after.

I know a lady who actually fought in the Chimurenga, (she was a Zipra sniper).

During one of the Carlist wars in Spain, the Carlists raised a guerrilla company of nuns. They were much feared by the Cristinistas.

Women do not know when to stop, that's why they should not be used in infantry combat. Men will observe the punctillio and take prisoners. Women always wage war `a outrance and to the knife.

troopie
Pamwe Chete
McGib

Post by McGib »

Originally posted by Alexandra:
They did, though not as much as the Soviets or the Americans. Still, by '44 women were being used in AA units and the like inside Germany.
A friend of my mom's was a member of a flak battery in northern germany. She doesnt talk about it much but she has told me some stories about what it was like being at the wrong end of the RAF and the 8th USAF
Ready Aye Ready
El Che

Post by El Che »

Carmba! Mujeres de pelo en tetas!! :eek:
:D :D :D
Hasta la victoria siempre!
McGib

Post by McGib »

Originally posted by AmmoSgt:
...in a couple of my units some of the women sang over their M-16's .. I remember the chanting the day when the Army made Rifle Training part of Basic For Women ....

[ June 15, 2001: Message edited by: AmmoSgt ]
I was a recruit instructor in the Canadian Forces a few years back and I had a female recruit in my squad that named her rifle "revenge"! Man talk about a nervous time!
Ready Aye Ready
AmmoSgt

Post by AmmoSgt »

:D :D :D
"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Ah, the Amazons...(Sigh!)

I remember the occasion, by the way, Figmo. Those were the days (another ... sigh!)

:D

Wild Bill
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

I forgot to mention that in my six years + of being heavily involved with all the SP games, including with SSI, Novastar, The Gamers Net, and now Matrix, this is the first time we have had Lady Warriors actively taking part.

Now THAT is definitely a step in the right direction!

Wild Bill
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Hmmmm... I guess I could try to convert one female to SPWAW. She a very good friend of mine, and she happens to be one of the couple of hundred female volunteers who go to the army here. She's a NCO, so she will be in the army longer that she normally would have. Her service will end in week or two, so maybe I should try to get her play SPWAW :).
oderint dum metuant
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Put the word female in a forum topic and you get action... It is true that computer wargaming is somewhat of a farthest point away, when it comes to women gamers. Hell, there are hardly any male computer wargamers out there anymore though. It might be interesting to see if there are any differences between the reasons why Alexandra and Ammosgt got into SPWAW compared to the 'average' reason why male SPWAW players were attracted. I know for myself it started as an early interest in technology and explosions. Then, after going through a bunch of other phases, ended up as an addiction to history, possibility, and tactics.

Tomo
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Originally posted by Tombstone:

Put the word female in a forum topic and you get action...

Tomo
Well, what do you expect :)? I mean, apart from few individual girls, we are all hairy butt-ugly men! Whenever someone says the word "female", the first reaction propably is "There are women here? Where? I need to see!!! " :D
oderint dum metuant
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

Just got back on the net and am trolling along through all the good stuff here.

Alexandra, there was a Russian battalion of women raised during the later part of World
War I. It called itself the Battalion of Death and was raised by a noble women from the Romanov court. Its performance in the its one engagement was said to be poor (the author cited reasons that seemed sexist without reference to their level of training and equipment) and it was said to have been the guard detachment at the Winter Palace at the time of the Revolution. The source was a general history without a specific focus on women or the military.

In general, the Soviet utilization of women as soldiers is very much in line with their general utilization of women - as labors, but not management. The Soviet regime was highly sexist, and racist, in spite of putting on a good propaganda front.
oldrocky

Post by oldrocky »

Battle babes! Cool.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”