Microsoft surface pro

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

dbw1

Microsoft surface pro

Post by dbw1 »

Is anyone running this on a Microsoft surface pro? If so what are the specs of your Pro?
I've been contemplating a Windows 10 replacement for my Ipad and being able to run CMO on it would be a plus.
guanotwozero

RE: Microsoft surface pro

Post by guanotwozero »

While I'm primarily playing this on my main desktop, I've also installed it on my 5th gen SurfPro i7 @2.5, 16GB.

Expectedly it's not as zippy as my desktop, but it's perfectly acceptable; the same machine ran CMANO without problems.

It does use medium-heavy CPU (though not so much GPU) and I'm not sure I'd want to play it for hours at a time, or at least I'd use a cooling tray.

I've also installed Tacview - this runs OK too but is very heavy on GPU - definitely only for short periods.
marksdoran

Post by marksdoran »

I have practically the same Surface Pro as guanotwozero -- more or less the same experience although I haven't noticed any issues with running tacview or the game for several hours at a go (I'm not using a cooler or anything special like that). Although that said, I do tend to stop and start tacview as needed though (haven't done a scenario that warrants having it open full time...I tend to use it to watch A-A because that's what I'm used to doing with it from other game contexts).
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

There are a couple threads on this already. Might want to search the forum. There are some useful answers and specs in them.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
dbw1

Post by dbw1 »

Thanks for the responses. I’m looking to get my first surface pro and would like to use cmo on it.
Dave

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”