Firing on unfriendly even though WCS Air is Inherited, Tight

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

gswindle

Firing on unfriendly even though WCS Air is Inherited, Tight

Post by gswindle »

I am running through Flight Tutorial 4, and I have set a target list for Mig-23s. My planes attack the mig-23s but also they keep shooting down an "unfriendly" civilian aircraft near the hostiles. The ROE is set to Inherited Tight, but it is attacking more than hostiles.

Code: Select all

3:12:10 PM - 3:12:10 PM - Event: 'Civilian Airplane Destroyed' has been fired.

3:12:10 PM - 3:12:10 PM - Weapon: Python 5 #927 is attacking ATR-72-210 with a base PH of 95%. PH adjusted for distance: 84%. ATR-72-210 has nominal agility: 1, adjusted for altitude: 0.2. Agility adjusted for proficiency (Regular): 0.16. Aircraft has a weight fraction of 0.99 - Agility adjusted to 0.06. High-deflection impact (no effect on agility). Final agility modifier: -1%. Final PH: 83%. Result: 75 - HIT

kch

RE: Firing on unfriendly even though WCS Air is Inherited, Tight

Post by kch »

have you checked whether your mission doesnt have a different ROE?
gswindle

RE: Firing on unfriendly even though WCS Air is Inherited, Tight

Post by gswindle »

I figured it out. There are 2 options which I didn't see/understand. The first being "Mission Triggers when contact is minimum: Unknown/unfriendly/hostile" this by default is "unknown". The second is a checkbox for the target list "Pre-planned targets (in target list) only." Selecting Hostile and Pre-planned targets would have limited my targets to Hostile targets on my target list, and no others would have been fired on.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”