Max Speed Altitude

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

dnguyen528

Max Speed Altitude

Post by dnguyen528 »

Hello All,

Its been a while since I've played war in the west. I'm trying to leverage the sweet supercharging that the Allied aircraft have, and set my fighter altitudes that put the luftwaffe at a disadvantage. The editor has the speed curves of all the aircraft including a hand identification of the altitude that they hit their max speed at. Weirdly, this information is completely absent form the commander's report. Is there any elegant solution (besides the two instances of WITW that I'm using) to see this information in game?

Totally unrelated (though the reason I'm back to play around with fighter altitudes), but if you want to waste hours of your life on what is now clearly outdated technology, you should definitely check out Greg's Airplanes and Automobile's channel on youtube: (I'd post the link, but I'm not allowed....). His videos are nice and in-dept and generally cite primary NACA sources. Topics range from why the Allies were able to boost their engines so much more than the Germans, German attempts to counter issues with low octane fuel with methanol injection, to speculation on why the German aircraft used inverted V engines.

Thanks
loki100

RE: Max Speed Altitude

Post by loki100 »

no, unfortunately, it only lurks in the editor and it is very useful,

good thing though is you can export the editor data to a spreadsheet which helps with planning and analysis
dnguyen528

Post by dnguyen528 »

Thanks so muck Loki
mssm45

Post by mssm45 »

So do you plan to specify the air directive altitude according to the max speed of the aircraft?
What is the expected benefit?
AKA Belgavox

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”