Distant Worlds 2 News?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Retreat1970

RE: Distant Worlds 2 News?

Post by Retreat1970 »

In 16 I thought maybe 17. In 17 I guessed 18. Now in 18 I'm guessing 2025.
Data

Post by Data »

Still the optimist
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
balto

Post by balto »

Come on, <snip> some recent information <snip> for DW 2. And maybe a followup <snip> for Panzer Corp if you have the energy left after the first load.

Keep it family friendly please. - Erik
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Do you mind keeping it clean here....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

We are hard at work on DW2 every day. We are still recruiting more 3D modelers/artists and we are also looking for a "supertester" with a lot of free time and good XML skills to help us out with some early testing and data entry/validation. If you know anyone who is interested, you could get an early look at the game and also have a chance of giving us feedback before anyone else.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
balto

Post by balto »

Put a dress on.
GHerr

Post by GHerr »

can you define how much time? full time or part. though I'm tempted to quit my job doing this I don't think my wife would approve[:)]
Sabranan

Post by Sabranan »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We are hard at work on DW2 every day. We are still recruiting more 3D modelers/artists and we are also looking for a "supertester" with a lot of free time and good XML skills to help us out with some early testing and data entry/validation. If you know anyone who is interested, you could get an early look at the game and also have a chance of giving us feedback before anyone else.

Regards,

- Erik

I've sent you an email Erik (your PM box is full), not sure how often you check them so I figured I'd let you know I've done so here.
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: Sabranan

Hi everyone,

Regards,

- Erik

I've sent you an email Erik (your PM box is full), not sure how often you check them so I figured I'd let you know I've done so here.

+1 recommendation for Sabranan. He wrote the tool to validate DWU files and those were plain text. XML would be easy for him.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
Sabranan

Post by Sabranan »

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon
+1 recommendation for Sabranan. He wrote the tool to validate DWU files and those were plain text. XML would be easy for him.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Roger, much appreciated!
bandusdr

Post by bandusdr »

I too sent an e-mail. Wasn't sure what else to do with the PM box full. [:)]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks folks, I will reply to your e-mails this week.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Galahad78

Post by Galahad78 »

Fantastic news to see that DW2 is moving along! [&o]
Sabranan

Post by Sabranan »

Thanks folks, I will reply to your e-mails this week.

I've yet to get a reply, has this been sent yet?
R_TEAM

Post by R_TEAM »

Hi,
i know it is a long time to relase ... and most points are not ironed out ...
But can it be approved that DW2 will again singleplayer "Only" .....(this should be know at this time i expect ..)
(as i would prefer MP and then i musst not care over DW2 anymore ..)

Regards
tortugapower

Post by tortugapower »

*peeks in to see what's new*

This game and Rule the Waves 2 are the only two titles I need to feel complete in life. (Okay fine, I'd like Aurora 4X to be redone in C# as well.)

Will check back in another couple months! In addition, my YT channel isn't much (~6K subscribers), but I'd love to broadcast any serious updates about DW2, so if I can be of any service in this regard, please let me know!
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
SneakyTacts

Post by SneakyTacts »

Hey, I know you, TortugaPower! I've checked your channel a few times before to get some glimpses of gameplay, which was all enjoyable. I'll subscribe for possible updates on DW2 and some of your videos :)

I was checking online for something like this, but it seems that there is no news yet :( I skimmed through all the messages yesterday and noticed that yours, TortugaPower, was posted on 6/10/2018, although yesterday for me was the ninth, haha. I'm half expecting the next post to be from Erik in 2019 saying that the game is ready for release.

I was going to buy Distant Worlds, but it's only for Windows. I guess I'll be getting a PC soon. Erik, if it isn't too difficult, you should put the second game on GOG for some people to download from, including one guy who did not explain why he could not use steam but begged that you do this.
SneakyTacts

Post by SneakyTacts »

Woah! I just noticed that Erik has 33 thousand posts on this site since he joined in 2000! I did some division to find out that he must've posted 5 posts a day throughout all that time!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yep, though I have been posting less lately, but when DW2 or another release I am working on is completed, the public posting will increase greatly again.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
balto

Post by balto »

I see DW 2 again and again I get an Erection. Can I say that, or will that get deleted again?

PS - what is "another release I am working on?"

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”