Launching ADM-160C MALD on AI Side

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AdmiralSteve

Launching ADM-160C MALD on AI Side

Post by AdmiralSteve »

Hello All,

I'm trying to set an AI side with a B-52H with a ADM-160C loadout to launch via a mission and a trigger. The only way I can figure how to do this is a bearing only launch yet Lua doesn't seem to have a BOL script. Is this correct or is their another way of doing this?

Steve
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

kevinkins

RE: Launching ADM-160C MALD on AI Side

Post by kevinkins »

I have looked into this a bit, and I think your observation is correct. MALD requires a BOL which cannot be conducted from within a pre-planned mission nor via lua. The BOL appears to be only available to the human player through the menu system. (Unit Orders > Attack Options ...) once the B-52 is in flight. I thought a regular strike mission might cause the MALD to fly once in range, but I can't get that to work perhaps because MALD is a decoy and not a true weapon. This might be a feature to add to the Advanced Strike Planner that is being discussed. If someone has any ideas, let us know. Thanks.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Can't do it yet.
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Have not tested or even tried but would this work?

-Set up and area trigger for the B-52
-Triggers a Lua action to add the MALDs at xx Alt, xx heading & xx speed
-also sets the B-52 to RTB

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

Have not tested or even tried but would this work?

-Set up and area trigger for the B-52
-Triggers a Lua action to add the MALDs at xx Alt, xx heading & xx speed
-also sets the B-52 to RTB

B

I know I can add a platform that way. Does it extend to weapons or platform-launchable items?
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

local ok = ScenEdit_AttackContact('DD 101 Murasame','BOL', {mode='1', mount=633, weapon=1575, qty=1, latitude='33.4317892382035', longitude='138.757375253168'})
print(ok)
Michael
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Never thought to use that lua statement ... but the syntax seems off based on what's in the documentation:

ScenEdit_AttackContact(attackerID, contactId ,{mode='1', mount=438, weapon=1413, qty=10}) -- alloc 10 gunfire

Where is a B52 defined and where is the bearing and altitude of the MALD defined in the script Micheal outlined above?
BOL (Bearing Only Launch) seems to be in the place where the contactID should be. The script may be perfect, but I can't seem to understand it.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ScenEdit_AttackContact('B52 unit','BOL', {mode='1', mount=<mount id of MALD launcher>, weapon=<weapon id of the MALD>, qty=1, latitude=<lat of the BOL destination>, longitude=<lon of the BOL destination>})
Altitude is not currently a parameter.
You can also set a course for it.... course={{longitude=point1,latitude=point1},{longitude=point2,latitude=point2}} included in the above.
I realize I'm a bit short on some examples of proper usage. I am addressing that soon[:D].

Michael
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Thanks, now I get it. The term 'BOL' substitutes for an actual contactId to be attacked. That's pretty slick.
&#8213; Alfred Thayer Mahan

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”