multiple Map mod

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

topeverest

multiple Map mod

Post by topeverest »

I see in the forum an additional map mod view that I don't seem to be able to manufacture.

I prefer the colored triangles as per the below view, but I feel I might not have the mod that allows this.

I appear to only get the 1-4 lines on the left.

Attachments
mappp.jpg
mappp.jpg (800.62 KiB) Viewed 371 times
Andy M
budd

RE: multiple Map mod

Post by budd »

Those look like the stock counters that come with the game. Where did you get the UI mod?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

The trick is that the counters are stock but the map is mod. I don't know how to reclaim the desired soft factor

I got it here
tm.asp?m=3327255
ORIGINAL: budd

Those look like the stock counters that come with the game. Where did you get the UI mod?
Andy M
budd

Post by budd »

Aren't they separate mods? did you back up the original counters before installing? I could post up my units folder somewhere for you to download.

budd

Post by budd »

Here's my view, i use the picture counters mod instead of nato counters.

Attachments
ScreenSho..08.50PM.jpg
ScreenSho..08.50PM.jpg (864.62 KiB) Viewed 364 times

topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Thanks

I have the originals. Working that fix now.

I do like the custom art though....nice touch.

ORIGINAL: budd

Aren't they separate mods? did you back up the original counters before installing? I could post up my units folder somewhere for you to download.
Andy M
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Here is my view. Gonna play with the unit icons too but that over time to find my desired.

Attachments
ttt.jpg
ttt.jpg (593.98 KiB) Viewed 362 times
Andy M
budd

Post by budd »

Glad your getting it sorted. Our maps are the same i just have the toned down version, not as bright. when i was asking about your UI mod i was talking about the bar with the different buttons and colors, i have something similar for WITW but cant find it for WITE.

Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

If you have the Jison Mod + Rainy Day Mod, you should have the user interface button mod files as well. Maybe you just did some selective loading from the zip or rar file, and left out the UI. I have installed everything but the counter mod. Don't particularly care for the rail network mods either since it doesn't actually display the network, only a yellow rail section icon on hexes you have not yet converted.
Aufklärungs
budd

Post by budd »

Thanks, took a look and all i have is the RainyDay mapmod so maybe i did separate it out. I had Jison's map mod,no idea what i did with it.

RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

Hi,

Take a look at my posting from the other thread fb.asp?m=3782399 and let me know if that is what you are looking for - I modded the counters from Jison's map mod to re-introduce the colored triangles for the soft factor AND the white/black triangle for "moved" units, as I didnt like that the stripes on Jison's counters were not visible for stacked units. Happy to share my modded files, if that is what you are looking for.

Chuck
jacktimes2

Post by jacktimes2 »

Chuck, I would like access to those counters you modded. Thanks for your work.
reapercorfu

Post by reapercorfu »

hello ... where can i find the pictures counter mod please ?
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

ORIGINAL: jacktimes2

Hi Jack - here is the file Modded WitE Counters ChuckB - hope the download works.

In the zip file, you'll find five graphics files (ending in .tga) - these need to be copied into the following location of your installation of WitE: \Gary Grigby's War in the East\Art (if you want to revert to the original files, you need to copy the five files with the same name from the Art folder before overwriting it.

The sixth file in the zip file is "WiteFontConfig.txt". Jison's counters use a different (smaller) font and that information is contained in this file. This file actually needs to be copied into the \Gary Grigby's War in the East\ root folder. If you have a fresh install of Jison's mod, this should not be necessary but I learned that patches for WitE often override the file, reverting it back to its original content. Again, create a backup of this file first if you want to revert back to the original version.

My little mod is really only a minor variation of Jison's fantastic work.

I hope this works for you - let me know how if it doesn't (and also if it does)
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: RealChuckB

Hi Jack - here is the file Modded WitE Counters ChuckB - hope the download works.

In the zip file, you'll find five graphics files (ending in .tga) - these need to be copied into the following location of your installation of WitE: \Gary Grigby's War in the East\Art (if you want to revert to the original files, you need to copy the five files with the same name from the Art folder before overwriting it.

The sixth file in the zip file is "WiteFontConfig.txt". Jison's counters use a different (smaller) font and that information is contained in this file. This file actually needs to be copied into the \Gary Grigby's War in the East\ root folder. If you have a fresh install of Jison's mod, this should not be necessary but I learned that patches for WitE often override the file, reverting it back to its original content. Again, create a backup of this file first if you want to revert back to the original version.

HI Chuck, I'm trying to install your mod over Jison's because like you I like the colored trinagle for the soft factors and the black one for moved units. Not to mention the gorgeous images instead of NATO's symbols.

But unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working ... I did put the 5 TGA files in the "units" directory under Dat\Art\ and the text file in the game's root. It seems to have revert to original counters instead of yours (I have NATO symbols back) ... Are you sure the file you posted contains the right counters ??
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

I also have a question about Jison's mod.
All my rails tiles are now yellow. No more green/orange/red ones ? Am I missing something ?
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

HI Chuck, I'm trying to install your mod over Jison's because like you I like the colored trinagle for the soft factors and the black one for moved units. Not to mention the gorgeous images instead of NATO's symbols.

But unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working ... I did put the 5 TGA files in the "units" directory under Dat\Art\ and the text file in the game's root. It seems to have revert to original counters instead of yours (I have NATO symbols back) ... Are you sure the file you posted contains the right counters ??

Hi nukkxx,

I just checked and the link I posted leads to the right files but maybe you're looking for something else - I modded the Jison counters that do show NATO symbols, not any images. I only modded the corners, nothing else. If you look above in my posting from 11/6/2017, I like to an image that shows my little mod.

Chuck
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Hi nukkxx,

I just checked and the link I posted leads to the right files but maybe you're looking for something else - I modded the Jison counters that do show NATO symbols, not any images. I only modded the corners, nothing else. If you look above in my posting from 11/6/2017, I like to an image that shows my little mod.

Chuck

Oops ! Sorry Chuck, yes I was mixing with Budd's post where we see the "picture counters" instead of the NATO symbols ...
Thought it was your post. Sorry man ...
Anyway, I'm now using your counters :-) I like the colored triangles back :-)
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

Hi nukkxx,

Chuck

Oops ! Sorry Chuck, yes I was mixing with Budd's post where we see the "picture counters" instead of the NATO symbols ...
Thought it was your post. Sorry man ...
Anyway, I'm now using your counters :-) I like the colored triangles back :-)

Glad you like them, they were more work than they look like [:D] (mainly due to me doing this for the first time) Enjoy!

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”