Ground Strike digression

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Sabre21

Ground Strike digression

Post by Sabre21 »

Bloodybill and I are playing a Global War on Netplay using 2.5.7.4 and have had the game lock up during the return to base digression phase of Ground Strike whenever we have fighters from both sides still remaining and must RTB at the same time.

If one side or the other was shot down with no planes remaining, then all works fine, but if we both have planes that need to return to base, then we end up doing this both at the same time and the green button does not appear on either of our computers.

It doesn't matter if the situation involves multiple planes from each side or just one, as long as both sides need to return to base at the same time, it locks up. Very frustrating having to replay these several times only to either hope one side gets eliminated or just forego doing the attacks.
davidachamberlain

RE: Ground Strike digression

Post by davidachamberlain »

ORIGINAL: Sabre21

Bloodybill and I are playing a Global War on Netplay using 2.5.7.4 and have had the game lock up during the return to base digression phase of Ground Strike whenever we have fighters from both sides still remaining and must RTB at the same time.

If one side or the other was shot down with no planes remaining, then all works fine, but if we both have planes that need to return to base, then we end up doing this both at the same time and the green button does not appear on either of our computers.

It doesn't matter if the situation involves multiple planes from each side or just one, as long as both sides need to return to base at the same time, it locks up. Very frustrating having to replay these several times only to either hope one side gets eliminated or just forego doing the attacks.
I think the problem you are having is related to a hidden window (covered by the current air battle window). I see that from time to time.

Try a right click on the task bar, then try "Show windows side by side" or other windows organizations settings. Usually the hidden window will get stacked in such a way that it is visible.

Dave
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Ground Strike digression

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Sabre21

Right, I have seen this too.[:(]

With the Debug feature enabled in my NetPlay games, I can work around this problem, so I haven't given it any priority.

I am close to getting back to work on NetPlay bugs - next month most likely. The more bugs you find and can provide saved games for, the faster I will be able to clean up the NetPlay code.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”