Panzer Corp Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
TheBattlefield

RE: Panzer Corp Mod

Post by TheBattlefield »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Navigate further to here, and backup the highlighted folders [to be replaced with the mod's folders].

I would not recommend overriding the basic bitmap files in the main folder of the game, especially since modified bitmaps in the campaign (main and custom) folders are treated with priority. [&:] I would rather recommend to save the (to be played) campaign under a new name (via Editor) and then to insert the "PanzerCorpMod" bitmap folders. Existing bitmap files can then be overwritten without concern...
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

ORIGINAL: weaslex

PANZER CORPS MOD IS NOW RELEASED! http://www.mediafire.com/file/y622bl4b0 ... RCORPS.rar

Install:
To keep your old unit files (optional, but highly recommended)
1. Make a folder for each of them: ie one named minor_allied, minor_axis, Major_1 ect ect ect. Also make a folder called Old Unit Sprites and put those new folders you made in there.
2. Copy and paste your old Unit_Sprites files into those folders you made. (This is found in StrategicCommand/Bitmaps.)

INSTALLING:
1. Copy and paste your unit_sprites into each of the appropriately named folders.
2. Copy your _1939 Panzer Corps, 1939 Panzer Corps.cgn, and 1939 Panzer Corps.dat.
3. Paste these into: ThisPC/Documents/mygames/StrategicCommandWWII-WarinEurope/Campaigns
4. Play the game and enjoy.

Feedback is always wanted, even negative feedback, so let me know what you think. :3

Nice work, Weaslex! [:)]
Could the resource files also be modified according to the "Panzer Corps Mod" specification so as to create a uniform perspective between units and buildings?
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I would not recommend overriding the basic bitmap files in the main folder of the game
Thanks, I understand [the manual also tells us not to do that]. The system does add a level of confusion and complexity, even for those of us that are used to modding. As can be seen that even with the step by step instructions in Post #1, Post #20 is still not sure what to do. I should probably delete those screen shots, and maybe make a 'How To' thread that explains it all.
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!

With all the work on this new project, I've decided that I will not just simply be making a new 'skin' for Strategic Command. Instead, this will be a mod that will allow me to get my toes wet with the modding tools that are available. So without further ado, I'm releasing some details for this new mod.

First, this mod is going to be called, 'Panzer Corps Mod', based on the rips of the game, Panzer Corps. (If you haven't figured that these are rips already that is) This mod will allow players to build Light Tanks, and Recon Units, and expand on some artillery. I also want to add tanks to Poland, I mean, come on, they had 7TP's and TKS's, so I won't go hog crazy as these units were in limited numbers, but enough to make Germany pause for a bit. (also, TKS was crap, but it was what Poland had at the time, so if able, I will be tweaking some stats around).

I don't have a date for when this mod will be released, but I'm working on it daily, and am posting updates via Twitter and on the Matrix Games Forums. Note, anything posted may change, nothing is final, what you will be looking at is a mod as it's being built. Also note, I may post this mod on Youtube, but no plans are in place at this time. Finally, I have a day job, I'm one person, and I have a life, give me time, and be patient please. I love the rich history behind WW2, and Strategic Command is a fun, amazing game, with some excellent modding tools. This is going to be the first of a few mods you see from me. :3

Install:
1. Make a folder for each of them: ie one named minor_allied, minor_axis, Major_1 ect ect ect. Also make a folder called Old Unit Sprites and put those new folders you made in there.
2. Copy and paste your old Unit_Sprites files into those folders you made. (This is found in StrategicCommand/Bitmaps.)

INSTALLING:
1. Copy and paste your unit_sprites into each of the appropriately named folders.
2. Copy your _1939 Panzer Corps, 1939 Panzer Corps.cgn, and 1939 Panzer Corps.dat.
3. Paste these into: ThisPC/Documents/mygames/StrategicCommandWWII-WarinEurope/Campaigns
Really nice job, I do actually prefer those ones versus the vanilla sprites.
Just 1 point is the "Army" sprite wich I found a little bit too crowded.
Maybe 4 Infantrymen for army could have been better (3 for corps, 2 for Div, 1 for Bde)
Just a personnal taste.
Again well done

weaslex

Post by weaslex »

ORIGINAL: TheBattlefield

PANZER CORPS MOD IS NOW RELEASED! http://www.mediafire.com/file/y622bl4b0 ... RCORPS.rar

Install:

INSTALLING:

Feedback is always wanted, even negative feedback, so let me know what you think. :3

Nice work, Weaslex! [:)]
Could the resource files also be modified according to the "Panzer Corps Mod" specification so as to create a uniform perspective between units and buildings?

I suppose so, I'd need to check into what I have for that as this was mostly a 'rip' from Panzer Corps. I had the units that I could play with, but I'm not too sure if I have all the hex's. (just checked) So, I think it's possible, but that would take wee bit of work I'm not planning on doing at this moment. I won't say flat out no though, but~ for now, I'm focused on updating the mod with miniature sprites for when you zoom out of the game. I'm also looking into a better way of installing this mod... I've got a few ideas.
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

I suppose so, I'd need to check into what I have for that as this was mostly a 'rip' from Panzer Corps. I had the units that I could play with, but I'm not too sure if I have all the hex's. (just checked) So, I think it's possible, but that would take wee bit of work I'm not planning on doing at this moment. I won't say flat out no though, but~ for now, I'm focused on updating the mod with miniature sprites for when you zoom out of the game. I'm also looking into a better way of installing this mod... I've got a few ideas.

Yep. A little more adaptive graphic work but less complicated than the units because resources are combined on one single sheet (and the game currently requires only about two-thirds of the displayed bitmaps)

Good idea. I would prepare a "dummy campaign" via the Editor even for the "easy to use" counter mods. In this way, the players do not need to worry about changes to their vanilla game and could easily copy the (exclusively for the units) modified standard campaigns into their personal campaign folder.
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Hi guys, I did delete my earlier posts here as they were wrong. Been thinking about it the last couple days and the solution I have come up with so far is posted here:
[Old link deleted and updated to the one below]

tm.asp?m=4300169
Randalf Ravennaux

Post by Randalf Ravennaux »

I have the same issue scipion1175 has experienced (only Major 4 folder). sPzAbt653's excellent instructions have helped ( I am also new to modding in general),though having purchased this fine game from Steam it takes a bit of hopping from Windows Explorer to booting the game and using Editor there to extract and copy over the folders. Mod loaded mostly though mid zoom still has vanilla units and until I get later in my current game won't know if Allies have there units correct or not. (still workable and fun). Having played Panzer Corps for years love the units.
No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.
-J.Dobson
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Don't worry about the Major 4 folder being the only one [which is because that folder is the only one that uses a file modified from the original].

I haven't checked this mod specifically, but often mid-zoom graphics retain the originals as they are often difficult to represent in the smaller sizes.
Randalf Ravennaux

Post by Randalf Ravennaux »

Thank you//thought I had done something wrong with mid-zoom units.(frequently happens,lol)
No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.
-J.Dobson
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

What about the zoom sprites for the unites you use. Aren't they needed or do you simple use vanilla zoom sprites?
"You have to practice what you preach"(RONALD BELFORD SCOTT)
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

did someone use this counters/sprite mod?is it full playable? thanks!
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

I would like a straight up sprite/counter mod that still used vanilla, basically just some more "eye candy". I think this goes beyond that.
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

so not playable you mean? I think vanillla ones are not bad, but a bit more of flavor with camo for German aircrafts or tanks and better uniforms or poses for infantry would be nice
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Icier

Post by Icier »

Great job & accurate
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
GMartin

Post by GMartin »

Hi

This mod sounds interesting.

Any feedback from users?

Thanks.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”