Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ColonelMolerat

Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed?

Post by ColonelMolerat »

I'm playing for the first time since Chains of War (doing the 'Armed Diplomacy' mission) and have contacts that I've marked as unfriendly entering my AAW patrol area. My planes are just ignoring them - I thought they used to 'tail' unfriendly contacts, has this been changed? Or is it because they have AMRAAMS they are able to 'tail' at quite a long range so it just looks like they are ignoring the enemy?
Dysta

RE: Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed?

Post by Dysta »

ORIGINAL: ColonelMolerat

I'm playing for the first time since Chains of War (doing the 'Armed Diplomacy' mission) and have contacts that I've marked as unfriendly entering my AAW patrol area. My planes are just ignoring them - I thought they used to 'tail' unfriendly contacts, has this been changed? Or is it because they have AMRAAMS they are able to 'tail' at quite a long range so it just looks like they are ignoring the enemy?
Only to tail when the contact isn't identified (like unknown unit/side). However it doesn't mean your units in mission will ignore it, they will tail the unfriendly unit again when still within the area but outside the weapon's range.
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

Ah I see - so because the unit is identified and is within weapon range, my units won't tail it close, but will keep it within weapon range?
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

ORIGINAL: ColonelMolerat

Ah I see - so because the unit is identified and is within weapon range, my units won't tail it close, but will keep it within weapon range?
Well... used to be. I just tried it recently. The interceptor just leave from unfriendly unit and let it gone from radar after ID.

Maybe something wrong with doctrine or mission setting, I tried the AAW patrol. Long time ago I remember the ship will keep following the unfriendly sub even after the ID.

I uploaded the scenario, it has the same problem as you said:
Attachments
AI_Unfrien..ntercept.zip
(6.48 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”