Command v1.12 Hotfix release - Build 936.12

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Dimitris

Command v1.12 Hotfix release - Build 936.12

Post by Dimitris »

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B205vp ... sp=sharing

To apply: Simply unzip to your CMANO installation folder, overwriting the existing Command.exe.

Build 936.12 Release Notes
--------------------------------

1) Fixes the size problem with the "New Mission" window (no longer necessary to delete Command.ini to reset it)

2) Fixes the "I accidentally added a railgun/laser/Tac-EMP weapon/platform to a scenario [prior to v1.12], and now I get blocked from loading it because I don't have a CoW license" problem.

The solution: When attempting to load the scenario in ScenEdit mode, the author is presented with the choice to have the unlicensed units/features removed from the scenario and proceed to load it. This removes the "block" problem while also preventing unlicensed features from remaining in a scenario that is not declared to have these features.
BradOrbital

RE: Command v1.12 Hotfix release - Build 936.12

Post by BradOrbital »

Sunburn, to confirm, does this allow those that don't have the CoW to load scenarios that CoW enabled designers created? Am I Understanding correctly? I have CoW but was wondering when developing scenarios if those without would have issues loading, causing some fragmentation. If this fixes it, awesome!
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

To be completely clear, this lets you load scenarios in editor mode that have locked features, but it will not let you play them.

Before the update people were able to place units that were going to be part of the DLC. We did warn people they would not be able to access them after the DLC but not clearly enough and some people didn't see that or didn't understand what we meant and so placed these units in scenarios. After the update these became locked and they could not use them.

The change we have made allows people to load up these locked scenarios in editor mode and have the offending units/features automatically removed and continue with their scenario, so they don't lose any of their work, and it will let you know what was removed - e.g. "Removed 2x Zumwalt with railguns and one event-action containing comms disruption".

To be very clear - this fix is aimed at scenario editors, so they do not lose any of their work, it does not change any behaviour for the players.

We thought we'd made it clear but there was room for misunderstanding and we apologise for that and think this solves the matter. Hope everyone is happy now!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
BradOrbital

Post by BradOrbital »

Thanks Iain for explaining that clearer.

Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Quick Question:

Does this version also have the properly LAA-flagged .exe file, or do I still have to apply the .exe patch shown in 936.11 thread? I haven't downloaded 936.11 yet.

Thanks!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Yes, it is LAA-flagged as is the standard. The LAA-less exe included in the official update was a glitch.
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Hotfix when applied to my 1.12 Steam version (have not purchased COW yet) fixed the new mission dialog but the start menu dialog is still truncated in from the right edge - as was the mission editor before the fix. The menu is usable but a bit messy.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Kevin try deleting your Command.ini file in your Command directory. This file saves user settings that are likely the issue. After deleting start Command again and a new clean ini is written.

Mike
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Bingo. Somewhere I read the *.ini delete thing was not needed anymore. Perhaps that was related to something else. No big deal.

Thanks,
Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

Eggstor

Post by Eggstor »

From what I've been able to gather, the no-ini-delete fix was only for the "new mission" window.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”