From WitW to WITE

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Markojager

From WitW to WITE

Post by Markojager »

Hi

I started to play War in the West a few months ago, now I want to play also War in the East, but I found the change more abruptly than I thought (as WITW is a more complete Grigsby game) do you have advises or do you know which are the greatest changes that I have to know in the transition?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.

David Hackworth
gmtello

RE: From WitW to WITE

Post by gmtello »

There aré 9 Pages from red lancer expalining differences . U have to search them in the witw forum . They were publish ed before witw release
Balou

Post by Balou »

Things totally different:
1) Air war/control of air space (in WitE almost non-existent)
2) On-map supply System (in WitE very simplified)

And btw, IMHO WitW is the more complete game. And the advice from gmtello is a good one.
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

The big differences from Wite to witw part 1 to 9 by red lancer ( search in witw forums)
Markojager

Post by Markojager »

ORIGINAL: gmtello

The big differences from Wite to witw part 1 to 9 by red lancer ( search in witw forums)

Exactly what I needed, in that way it seems like a downgrade as most of the features in WITW are simpler in WITE, for obvious reasons, as I came late to this type of games I made the jump backwards, but It seems at least a little more simple than the management of hundreds of air squadrons, and it'll be a blast to play the whole eastern front with this level of control that the Gary's games have.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.

David Hackworth
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

ORIGINAL: Markjager

ORIGINAL: gmtello

Exactly what I needed, in that way it seems like a downgrade as most of the features in WITW are simpler in WITE, for obvious reasons, as I came late to this type of games I made the jump backwards, but It seems at least a little more simple than the management of hundreds of air squadrons, and it'll be a blast to play the whole eastern front with this level of control that the Gary's games have.

very funny your fair fight¡ your right; ask BILL what happend with The australians in secon worl war
Epsilon Eridani

gmtello

Post by gmtello »

I have played both games and as u say witw Is more complex than Wite but in the end Wite Is much more fun . One important diferenc e Not mentioned by red lancer Is the time needed to play a turn much bigger in wite

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”