Tutorial Training videos chapters 1-14

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

herbertx

Tutorial Training videos chapters 1-14

Post by herbertx »

Question for anybody.
I have some friends who recently bought and downloaded MWIF and are learning how to play. Their version of the game only has 10 Training Tutorials available, chapters 1 thru 10. I realize there are 12 Tutorials available now on the internet via YouTube but my version (2.2.8) has 14 chapters, the last 2 being "Production Planning" and Production Planning Examples". I don't remember where I got chapter 13 and 14 from. Where can one find and download Training Tutorials chapter 13 and 14 and/or is there a file or version that contains all chapters together (1-14)?
ADMR Rampage

RE: Tutorial Training videos chapters 1-14

Post by ADMR Rampage »

There are 10 picture & text tutorials when you hit the play game tab on the opening screen which will also show 10 interactive tutorials numbered 11 thru 20 to the right of the picture & text tutorials. The video tutorials are located on the opening screen below the play game button on the lower right. It opens up to 14 video tutorials.
herbertx

Post by herbertx »

yeah I have access to those chapters 1-14 but my friends who just bought and downloaded the game do not. If you don't have chapters 13 & 14 how/where do you get them? They must be available independently somehow but how?
And just to be clear I am not referring to the "interactive" tutorials.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Can you not mail them to your friend? Or are they to large?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: ADMR Rampage

There are 10 picture & text tutorials when you hit the play game tab on the opening screen which will also show 10 interactive tutorials numbered 11 thru 20 to the right of the picture & text tutorials. The video tutorials are located on the opening screen below the play game button on the lower right. It opens up to 14 video tutorials.
Yes.

I had trouble coming up with names for all of the stuff to help a player learn how to play the game.

There are:
14 Training Videos - on the opening screen for the game.
10 Picture and Text Tutorials - on the opening Play Game screen.
10 Interactive Tutorials - on the opening Play Game screen.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: herbertx

yeah I have access to those chapters 1-14 but my friends who just bought and downloaded the game do not. If you don't have chapters 13 & 14 how/where do you get them? They must be available independently somehow but how?
And just to be clear I am not referring to the "interactive" tutorials.

I would guess that your friends are clicking on Play Game and then looking for the Training Videos. There is a separate button for accessing the Training Videos on the very first form that appears. Another possibility is that your friends are starting the game using the MWIF.exe file/icon instead of the Autorun.exe file/icon.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Somehow the number of training videos have changed with the different full installs. I have two installs on my computer and they have different number of training videos.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

Newer version.

Attachments
0000.jpg
0000.jpg (190.17 KiB) Viewed 21 times
Orm

Post by Orm »

Older version.

Attachments
0000b.jpg
0000b.jpg (199.74 KiB) Viewed 21 times
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

I went through these:
10 Picture and Text Tutorials - on the opening Play Game screen.

But even translating the abreviations I still don't know what I need to do with these:
10 Interactive Tutorials - on the opening Play Game screen.

elegantuni236091

Post by elegantuni236091 »

herbertx if you haven't noticed yet. The base game doesn't have 14 tutorial training videos, but 10. There was a beta update that add 2 and then another beta update that add 2 more. If your friends install the last beta. They will have 14.

Return to “World in Flames”