Accuracy

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ddog

Accuracy

Post by Ddog »

I was fooling a bit with modding, and I see that AA guns have an Accuracy number. The 75mm is 160,
and the 40mm is like 67? My question is, which is more accurate?

Lastly, if 160 is a value, what is the minimum and max for Accuracy? (Example 1-200)

Thank you!
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Dili

RE: Accuracy

Post by Dili »

It is a difficult subject since it seems for some devices there are some rules for others other rules and on top of that based on scenario creator assumptions. Accuracy might be related to rate of fire, but basically seems to be chance to hit/damage at certain range.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Sorry didn't answer your question. The biggest number is more accurate.
What service date is for that 75mm gun?
Ddog

Post by Ddog »

Thanks for replying. This is an awesome group.

I'm not sure which service date. I'm currently at work, but look when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks again!!!! [&o]

szmike

Post by szmike »

Iirc accuracy is just a label which shouldn't be taken literally. It includes several characteristics of weaponry, rate of fire being important one among others.
Ddog

Post by Ddog »

ORIGINAL: szmike

Iirc accuracy is just a label which shouldn't be taken literally. It includes several characteristics of weaponry, rate of fire being important one among others.

Yeah, I've decided I'm not messing with any of these numbers and I'm going to stick closer to the surface. At least until I have a better understanding.

Thanks for the reply!!

Ddog

Post by Ddog »

ORIGINAL: Dili

Sorry didn't answer your question. The biggest number is more accurate.
What service date is for that 75mm gun?

Dili, I'm not sure. I looked and it didn't have a date associated with it. It's slot number 275 under devices.

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

IIRC, accuracy definition changes with gun size. For machine guns/cannon it is mostly just ROF, for larger guns it also encompasses the explosive envelope. I don't believe the complete definition of either has ever been shared.
Pax
cardas

Post by cardas »

Yeah, what the value really does is a bit vague. I haven't found any satisfactory answer in the forum and I haven't taken the time to do any throughout testing of it either. But as already mentioned, higher is better. When modding your best bet is to look at similar devices in the database and go from there.

One thing that does seem true* is that e.g. army weapons accuracy doesn't matter in land combat. So if you have a 155 mm artillery gun then 100 or 1 accuracy won't matter in a bombardment. But it might matter when firing against ships!

Creating a custom scenario and testing these things is theoretically straightforward - but tedious. There's enough random rolls in the game that you'd probably have to do a large set of tests to tease out the details.

*Please exercise caution when taking this as a fact. "True" may or may not be actually true ;)

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”