Can TotH be Windowed?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

Big Ivan

Can TotH be Windowed?

Post by Big Ivan »

I may have missed this aspect, but I thought in one of these forums
a while back someone was discussing windowing this game.

I wonder if it is possible to window TotH like Campaign Series Middle East or Operational Art of War? [&:]

Thanks![:)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Paullus

RE: Can TotH be Windowed?

Post by Paullus »

If you mean to run the game in a window instead of in Full Screen you set Windowed=Yes in the Configuration.ini file
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Thanks Paullus,

That's kind of what I meant, well sort of. The change you suggested did make the game screen smaller to where I could see
areas of my desktop around it but the game was then pinned to the center of my screen, I couldn't make the game window any larger or smaller (there were no defined edges/minimize or maximize keys) and finally
the smooth scroll functioning was all shot to heck.

I changed it back to Windowed=No and all is fine at full screen with more importantly the smooth scroll functioning again.

Guess what I'm really looking for is not in the coding of the game yet but I do appreciate your help!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Yea i can't seem to get into a true windowed mode either. There are no window edges or anything when i try windowed at 1024 X 768 or 1920 X 1080 on a native 1920 X 1080 monitor.
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

Not working for me either. I have an HP Envy and normal resolution is 3440x1440. I want to be able to play, but windowed mode isn't working.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Unfortunately 3440x1440 isn't supported by the game. Set one of the supported resolutions, for instance 2560x1440 in the Configuration.ini file and choose windowed mode. The Window won't be resiseable but will make the game work.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
rico21

Post by rico21 »

[&o][&o][&o]
If you can't change Configuration.ini in the Program(x86) folder you need to locate the file in the Virtual Store folder and change it there. Here is how to do that:

Do as follows:

1. In windows explorer go to the following folder C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Tigers On The Hunt

2. Right click on Configuration.ini and chose Edit.

3. Change the following lines and make sure you type it in correctly
Windowed=Yes
Sizex=1024
Sizey=768

4. Click save and start the game.

This should help, otherwise we need to look at other Graphical settings in Windows 10.

Return to “Tech Support”