What facilities cannot be destroyed?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

JPFisher55

What facilities cannot be destroyed?

Post by JPFisher55 »

I know that runways, taxiways, access points and open parking at airbases cannot be destroyed. However, I have noticed that
AC camouflaged revetments and AC revetments cannot be destroyed. Is this correct or a bug? If a bug, I can post saved games
to show it.

If it is correct, then IMO this is a lot of facilities that can only be damaged. Also, since ammo revetment bunkers can be destroyed,
how can a trigger for just damaged reveted structures for both AC revetments and ammo revetments?
magi

RE: What facilities cannot be destroyed?

Post by magi »

Pretty much... "Single unit airfields"...
Up to 99% damage makes many hard targets useless.... Until repaired.... Great damage will mean greater time to do so..... So... While totally destroying some is a.. no can do... they can be rendered unusable....

If possible when I wish to attack an airbase.... I try to do a recon first.. to aid on prioritizing my targets on the strike list....
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55

I know that runways, taxiways, access points and open parking at airbases cannot be destroyed. However, I have noticed that
AC camouflaged revetments and AC revetments cannot be destroyed. Is this correct or a bug? If a bug, I can post saved games
to show it.

If it is correct, then IMO this is a lot of facilities that can only be damaged. Also, since ammo revetment bunkers can be destroyed,
how can a trigger for just damaged reveted structures for both AC revetments and ammo revetments?

Hi Jim

It not a bug. Revetments can be constructed walls or in many cases big trenches dug on the ground. We don't distinguish. So its totally logical that they cannot be completely destroyed unless you open up a black whole or something. The aircraft within them however can be spotted and destroyed which makes perfect sense. We did change this at a certain point but not sure when.

I wouldn't use a percent damage model for the revetment but I would just evaluate against the aircraft inside. That's what matters.

Thanks!

Mike

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: magi

Pretty much... "Single unit airfields"...
Up to 99% damage makes many hard targets useless.... Until repaired.... Great damage will mean greater time to do so..... So... While totally destroying some is a.. no can do... they can be rendered unusable....

If possible when I wish to attack an airbase.... I try to do a recon first.. to aid on prioritizing my targets on the strike list....

Single units airfields where never designed to be targets. If you need an airfield that's a target just add an import. I think its even the same number of mouse clicks[:)]

Mike
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Thanks for the answer Mike. I guess that open parking spaces and ac revetments are not valuable targets.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Could always use nukes...they can take out almost anything... [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

magi

Post by magi »

they are valuable worthy targets if aircraft are parked in them.... so while targeting and prosecuting those spaces/whatever may not destroy them.. you can destroy the assets in those places.....

however you will probably not know which spaces are occupied and which are not.... so when ever possible you should do recon/istar before a strike so as to prioritize targets and make the strike more efficient... when that is not possible... you just have to blast away... often after the first strike with maned assets given altitude and other conditions... you will have information about composition of much of the forces at the base....

then it is possible under group view.. to select the red base>contact report>spotted hosted units...and check out the list.... or in unit view.. select any of the little yellow and black indices on a facility indicating that they are hosting units... and that will list units observed at those locations.....

really perty cool huh..... i think so.....
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55

Thanks for the answer Mike. I guess that open parking spaces and ac revetments are not valuable targets.

Sure they are. They hold valuable things.

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

they are valuable worthy targets if aircraft are parked in them.... so while targeting and prosecuting those spaces/whatever may not destroy them.. you can destroy the assets in those places.....

however you will probably not know which spaces are occupied and which are not.... so when ever possible you should do recon/istar before a strike so as to prioritize targets and make the strike more efficient... when that is not possible... you just have to blast away... often after the first strike with maned assets given altitude and other conditions... you will have information about composition of much of the forces at the base....

then it is possible under group view.. to select the red base>contact report>spotted hosted units...and check out the list.... or in unit view.. select any of the little yellow and black indices on a facility indicating that they are hosting units... and that will list units observed at those locations.....

Actually you can see if there is something in them. If you see the little triangle when your units spot the revetments in means its there is an aircraft spotted in it. Neat huh?
magi

Post by magi »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Actually you can see if there is something in them. If you see the little triangle when your units spot the revetments in means its there is an aircraft spotted in it. Neat huh?
excellent translation and synopsis of magi speak......
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah maybe I had no idea what you were saying.[:)]

Anyways... carry on.

Mike

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”