problems with windows 10

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zecke

problems with windows 10

Post by Zecke »

i just upgrade windows 10 from windows 7, and i have problems scrolling the map with the mouse in AE,(it goes really slowly moving the map with the mouse you can not move the map almost): is Admiral edition having problems with windows 10???..thx for any help
Epsilon Eridani

Lowpe

RE: problems with windows 10

Post by Lowpe »

You simply need to adjust the switches.

Win 10 runs WITP AE blisteringly fast, much better than 7 for me.
elegantuni236091

Post by elegantuni236091 »

Right click the AE desktop icon and choose properties. Change autorun to WarInThePacificAdmiralEdition. Add after the " a space and -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

Thanks for the answers¡

I tryed to change the switches (on preferences map scroll delay at 1) but still i can NOT scroll the map, i will try what elegentani236091 posted.
Epsilon Eridani

elegantuni236091

I am sorry. First update AE and autorun is to be War in the Pacific Admiral Edition the spaces matter.
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

You might also get a graphics problem like I have. When checking the ops reports the desk top will displace at a huge size for the icons. Wiggling the mouse will pass me through to the ops page. Not sure why but it might be a graphics card issue. Also after running one turn I will get a hesitation after each mouse selection of about 1 to 2 seconds. To play more than one turn I need to exit the game and reload it. But I generally play only one turn per day so not a big thing.
Capt. Cliff
Zecke

Post by Zecke »

its very frustating but i cant play: thats what i have at propertys:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders

The game runs well and you can play but with tremedous Lag, you can not scroll the map

Might help this,..??; better that i had at propertys?; not sure how to put; is someone can help..

-deepColor -skipVideo -f -px2560 -py1600 -cpu4 -altFont -dd_sw
Epsilon Eridani

sanderz

Post by sanderz »

just shots in the dark

try running the games .exe directly rather than the autorun

try windowed mode

i think your original "-px1366 -py768" stands a better chance of working

try adding -multiaudio
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

What computer are you using? Graphics card? RAM? etc.

It is almost impossible to give you desirable switches without knowing this. In the readme, 2015, in the witp ae folder there are two common switch settings one for intel and one for amd based machines.

The game predates windows 10 by a long time and is only maintained by precious volunteers and enthusiasts.

Given most peoples experience with windows 10 the game runs fine, but you do need to tweak it. Not unreasonable, imho.

Zecke

Post by Zecke »

thanks for the replys posts

My PC is a packard bell with processor intel core I5 4690 CPU 3.50 Hz

Memmory- 12 RAM

system; windows 10 home (upgrading free) from windows 7 home premiun 64 bits

Graphic card- NVIDIA geforce GT 330 2GB

Epsilon Eridani

elegantuni236091

For properties use "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders
elegantuni236091

You can also use "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -SingleCpuOrders
Taxcutter

Post by Taxcutter »

What is the -nofire switch?

I have lag problems after a Windows 10 crash. Prior to the crash the game ran better than ever before but the crash wiped my settings.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Zecke

its very frustating but i cant play: thats what i have at propertys:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders

The game runs well and you can play but with tremedous Lag, you can not scroll the map

Might help this,..??; better that i had at propertys?; not sure how to put; is someone can help..

-deepColor -skipVideo -f -px2560 -py1600 -cpu4 -altFont -dd_sw
Your problem is the wrong .exe file. The switches do not work on the "Autorun" file, they work on the "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition" file.
Also, I think the -px2560 -py1600 resolution is too high. Mine is 1920 X 1080 and I remember reading that it was about the limit the game could handle.

Your graphics card may also have trouble with the amount of memory taken for a very high resolution and have to swap data to the computer RAM, which would cause a delay.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Taxcutter

What is the -nofire switch?

I have lag problems after a Windows 10 crash. Prior to the crash the game ran better than ever before but the crash wiped my settings.
That switch cancels some of the animation stuff like fire and smoke, and maybe shell splashes.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Here are the switches I use:

Code: Select all

-wd -pxf1920 -pyf1080 -archive -deepColor -multiaudio -dd_sw -altFont -skipVideo

The important switches with regard to slow scrolling are the -deepColor and especially -dd_sw switches. I also run WitPAE in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and administrator privileges.

Also, I wouldn't use the -noFire or -fixedArt switches until proven that they are needed to resolve other issues. The -noFire switch disables the animations in the combat window and the -fixedArt switch disables the rotating art (plane images updating per month/year settings) capability.
Taxcutter

Post by Taxcutter »

Since Windos 10 crashed a week ago (WitPAE was running very well before crash) map scrolling is somslow as to make the orders phase unplayable. I'm falling asleep because its so lagged.

Current configuration:
NVIDIA GTX 780
Intel Core 2 i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz 3.07 GHz
Installed RAM 6.00 GB
64 bit operating system, x64 based processor
Windows 10 (previously Windows 7)
All drive defragged

WitPAE Shorcgut target line:
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -altFont -px1920 -py1080 -SingleCpuOrders -dd_sw -multiaudio

Note: All hyphens set from keyboard. One space bet3ween switches.

Compatibility set for Windows 7

Tried every combination of cpu#, SingleCpuOrders and Single CpuStart. No joy.

Running out of ideas.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

I would set the compatibility to XP SP3 and use 'Run as administrator' for good measure, although your issue seems to be caused by the crash you mentioned.

Do you have any more info regarding the crash? Was it related to WitPAE in any way or did Windows blue screen on its own? Are you still seeing 'residual effects' of the crash in other parts of Windows?
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

I recently purchased a new laptop i3 - 5005U CPU using Windows 10 v1607 (after latest update) and wanted to install my AE -DaBigBabes. I have run into serious lag issues and have tried all the command line prompts I have seen as follows:

-altFont -archive -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -SingleCpuOrders -dd_sw -wd

I have also chosen Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility mode, administrator, as well as "Don't scale on higher resolution" (though the wording on the preferences page was a little different it seemed to be the right choice).

I still have ridiculous lag issues. I would also like for the map to fill the whole screen instead of a box in the middle.

The command line does not have the "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\" on it. Instead it just says "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition" (without the quotation marks) - but I did not change that when I added the command line switches. That is how it showed up. Now the directory into which the game is installed is C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition DBB\ (my custom install - planning on having a non DBB installation after I get this working).

What can I do to fix the lag? How do I get a full screen map?
fair winds,
Brad
oaltinyay

Post by oaltinyay »

Please take a look at tm.asp?m=4149394 I had similar problems.

Return to “Tech Support”