Tacview question

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

BradOrbital

Tacview question

Post by BradOrbital »

Spotted a post on another forum, thought I'd ask here.
Was wondering if CMANO might allow files to be loaded up into Tacview for analysis/use at some point?

Is there a file we can use that is used in GeoScape/Joint Command that we can put in?

Thanks guys.

PS the various specials at the moment also inspired the idea/question.

mikmykWS

RE: Tacview question

Post by mikmykWS »

D will speak to that in the future.

Mike
BradOrbital

RE: Tacview question

Post by BradOrbital »

Thanks Mike. Looking forward to it, I'll try get ready in the mean time :)
CptRoss

McFly

Post by CptRoss »

The future is now [&:]
ilok

RE: McFly

Post by ilok »

Ok guys I give up I have tacview advanced and all in CMO, but cant get it to go any help greatfully recieved thanks. PS the big coulering book version would be good
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: ilok
Ok guys I give up I have tacview advanced and all in CMO, but cant get it to go any help greatfully recieved thanks

You need to help us help you a bit. What does "cant get it to go" mean ?
AlGrant

Post by AlGrant »

ORIGINAL: ilok

Ok guys I give up I have tacview advanced and all in CMO, but cant get it to go any help greatfully recieved thanks. PS the big coulering book version would be good

Have you set the location of the Tacview executable in the CMO game options?
If so then selecting '3D view' should be all you need to do.
GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
guanotwozero

Post by guanotwozero »

OK here's what I did:

1) Installed CMO on Steam
2) Bought Tacview Advanced on Steam
3) Installed Tacview FREE on Steam (No separate install for Advanced - I think it just unlocks abilities)
4) IN CMO->Options->Tacview set executable path to Tacview64.exe
5) In CMO when running a scenario, select View->3D View

Voila!
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Make sure to update tacview advanced, if you have a older version.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
ETF

Post by ETF »

Can you buy TacView outside of STEAM ?
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
sfbaytf

Post by sfbaytf »

ORIGINAL: ETF

Can you buy TacView outside of STEAM ?

Yes directly from Tacview. I did and it works fine
ETF

Post by ETF »

Thanks SFBAYTF!.....and if I buy it from STEAM is TACVIEW locked into STEAM or can I take it off and use it with my MATRIX version of CMO if necessary in the future?

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
guanotwozero

Post by guanotwozero »

ORIGINAL: ETF

Thanks SFBAYTF!.....and if I buy it from STEAM is TACVIEW locked into STEAM or can I take it off and use it with my MATRIX version of CMO if necessary in the future?

I sort of asked that here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4716196

So you wouldn't "take it off" - you'd use that as the installed version of TacView; just point CMO to the Tacview64.exe in the relevant directory where Steam put it.

An advantage of the Steam version is that it would be automatically kept up-to-date.
Hongjian

Post by Hongjian »

Immediately upgraded to CMO on Steam, along with the Tacview bundle. But I have a problem that the tacview executable in the steam folder upon launching seperately says that it is the limited time trial version and not the advanced one despite me buying it?
Is this just a bug and I can ignore it?
ETF

Post by ETF »

Nice I can't even see Tacview option? I thought it installed with the game..........printed out the manual will look it up :)

Oh, I see on Steam a free to play version of TACVIEW....Hmmmm that doesn't work. Oh well, I will keep trying.

Twitter
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

I cannot get this tac view to work either. It would be nice if this feature was made usable when the game was installed rather than to have this problem Tried it on steam with the same results
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Its not that hard. Its not made usable on start because the devs have no idea where you might install it. Just peruse the threads in the tech support section about people installing both CMNAO, CMO, and TacView all over the place.

Just go into game options, browse to the TacView directory, double click on the file that ends in exe. Then that should be it. Manual pg. 288.

Because it seems to have to be spelled out...note that the manual, and the devs, states you have to have TacView Advanced. The free TacView won't work.
guanotwozero

Post by guanotwozero »

You bring up a good point. On Steam I bought the Advanced version of Tacview, but installed the free demo version. The way it's arranged is that the Advanced version is a DLC of the demo.

When I navigate to the directory (...Steamlibrary\Steamapps\Common\Tacview) and run Tacview64.exe, what comes up is labelled with "Tacview demo (21 days left)" It has a "register" button on the toolbar.

If I launch Tacview from the Steam UI, it comes up as "Tacview Advanced" and has no registration box.

So it's there, but it takes more than simply running that executable. Maybe additional command line parameters are needed?

Unfortunately there's no manual or docs on Steam that I can find.
sfbaytf

Post by sfbaytf »

One thing to keep in mind about tacview-if you play flightsims like DCS World, IL2, X-Plane, Prepar3D, you can use Tacview with them. I own all of them so plunking down the $69 for the advanced version was worth it. I bought it directly from Tacview. XPlane, IL2 were bought under Steam, while DCS and Prepar3D are standalone so I'll eventually find out how it all work with different installs.

The so called discount with steam is misleading. Steam says if you buy the standard and advance together you get 20% off, but if you go to tacview the Advanced version has all of the features of the standard version, plus advanced features. Its a few bucks cheaper than buying the bundle on steam.
User1984

Post by User1984 »

I searched the Tacview website but could not find an answer to the following question:

I own Tacview Standard for use with DCS. Is there a way to upgrade to Tacview Advanced, and if so, will I receive a discount on the price?

Edit - I found information on the Tacview website. Email: support@tacview.net and ask for an upgrade price and license.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”