[ANSWERED] EKA-3B OECM not working

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Ergthorn

[ANSWERED] EKA-3B OECM not working

Post by Ergthorn »

Hello, I'm playing 1967 downtown scenario (v1.11 Build 825 +NI, steam) and I think EKA-3B Skywarrior doesn't jam enemy radars. After manually disabling OECM in USAF Canberras enemy SAM sites aren't jammmed (checked this in editor). Is this a bug in EKA or just Sa-2d is immune to his OECM ?
Rory Noonan

RE: EKA-3B OECM not working

Post by Rory Noonan »

Can you please post a save file showing this?
Ergthorn

Post by Ergthorn »

Here it is my save from 1967 scenario and a test scenario which I created where I added 3 SAMs, EKA and old skyrider with OECM ability. Skyrider is doing well his job, EKA not...
Attachments
EKA.zip
(197.58 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I could very well be mistaken, but I think the SA-2D and its Fan Song E radar were built to overcome some of the jamming capabilities the US had at the time. It is a G band radar and the EKA-3 might be jamming E/F band.

This is a guess from my limited knowledge.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
Ergthorn

Post by Ergthorn »

You're right. I have added sa3 into my test scenario and EKA is jamming it so it works fine. Anyway in my opinion EKA is rather useless in 1967 downtown scenario but I'll use it like heli for SAR mission.
Luidzi

Post by Luidzi »

I also believe this is caused by some discrepancy between radar and jammer frequency bands. As mentioned on the Baloogan wiki, Spoon Rest (SA-2) uses frequencies 147-161 MHz (A band), while Flat Face (SA-3) works on 810-850 MHz (C band). However, I've been unable to find reliable frequency bands data of jamming systems.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Will add an item on this. That jammer and aircraft were designed to go after the SA-2/SA-3 type sams and radars.

Mike
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

It just takes a little work. Look up the jamming systems in the database. Look them up in google. Most likely the top find is wiki. Wiki usually lists the bands. Then do the same for the radar. 10 minutes of work.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

Return to “Tech Support”