missing armor 4s and repeat costs to upgrade tank combat levels

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

dominickpa

missing armor 4s and repeat costs to upgrade tank combat levels

Post by dominickpa »

V221K is missing heavy tank, medium tank and tank destroyer 4 in the research panel, all three only allow to level 3 for these units. The model upgrades for tank combat 2 and 3 are both 245 PPs each.
Ormand

RE: missing armor 4s and repeat costs to upgrade tank combat levels

Post by Ormand »

As far as I can tell in anewdawn3, these research levels are there. They are properly connected to the previous levels, and when I generate a random game, they are in the "Not Avail" column at start, which would mean they are there. Most of my games never get this far in terms of research for these techs, so I can't confirm from personal experience.

One thing that I do see in the anewdanw.at2 file is the research for model "improvements" have an issue with cost. For all improvements except "Tank Combat I-II", the pp cost for German people regimes is twice as expensive as for all other peoples.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
dominickpa

Post by dominickpa »

This appears to be a problem with random games, in another New Dawn game, even heavy tank 3 is missing.

Attachments
atg1 (800x..300x221).jpg
atg1 (800x..300x221).jpg (79.75 KiB) Viewed 3 times
Vic

Post by Vic »

When I start a new Dawn game all heavy tanks are present.

Please make sure you are using the latest ATG version and if so send me a savefile to vic@vrdesigns.net

thx!
best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for reporting and sending the files.

In fact the problem here is that the map is so huge that the cost of the highest research get so high that they breach the 9999 pol. point limit and are considered un-researchable for you.

I put it on the long-list for a next patch.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”