Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Daniele

Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion!

Post by Daniele »

‘Better' is the enemy of 'Good Enough’ - Sergey Gorshkov, Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union

The countdown has started! Warfare Sims, award-winning developers of Command Air/Naval Operations - the extraordinary real time wargame that changed the face of modern warfare simulations - today announce a new, stand-alone game that uses the latest version of CMANO: Command Northern Inferno!

Through 15 scenarios accurately written by Paul A. Bridge, active Royal Navy officer and Falkland’s veteran, you are cast into a fictional conflict between the Soviet Union and the West, shortly escalating to a full conventional war.
With a very detailed unit and weapon database at their direct control, you will get the chance to lead the most lethal and advanced armed forces at sea, on land and in the air!

This is great opportunity, both for newcomers and for hardened veterans of CMANO: Northern Inferno can be played as a separate game (with the possibility to upgrade it to the base game with all the available database and scenarios at any point in time). Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

Get ready for the Apocalypse! Stay tuned for further updates!

Get more information about Command: Northern Inferno and Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations from their official Product pages!
GBS

RE: Command Air/Naval Operations receives a stand-alone expansion!

Post by GBS »

How close are we to having this available. I'm for sure a first day purchaser. Also how will the tutorials differ from what we already have? I think the Uncle Mark ones are great and fun too.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

1) Soon [:)]

2) Currently the tutorials comprise of 6 scenarios (our original 3 plus another 3 from Mark's series). We may add more in the future.
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

You Tease mate. I cannot wait. I hope to see Baloogan doing some live steams on this. Hint Hint......
AKA - Smudge
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

I would think the stand-alone is the CMANO game engine with a limited DB and scenario pack?
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Can it not be integrated into the original game when installed or is it completely separate?
AKA - Smudge
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Straight out of the original post...
Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

oh yeah doh lol man i was man looking again.
AKA - Smudge
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

price?
"Tanks forward"
Zaslon

Post by Zaslon »

Great idea. It's a win-win.
Kids think about Iran and Amateurs think about Russia, but professionals think about China
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

Is there any chance of a sale on the base game to coincide with the release?

(I don't have it yet, but am browsing the forums to hype myself up while I wait for a sale!)

Regarding the expansion - coming from Playing WarGame, it'll be nice to see a similar setting (Cold-War-gone-hot) played out in a different game.
rjantzi

Post by rjantzi »

Agreed. I'm in the same situation as ColonelMolerat
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: thewood1
Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

What about us suckers that just bought the normal game rather than waiting for the Game of the Year Edition?

I don't understand how this is different from a scenario pack?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

What about us suckers that just bought the normal game rather than waiting for the Game of the Year Edition?

"SUCKERS"?!

Are you sure you want to throw this heavy, insulting word around so lightly?

Who exactly conned you, and how?

If you bought Command the day it came out, you've enjoyed 2 years of free major updates (incl. all the material included in the WOTY edition) and over 200 additional free scenarios.

If you bought Command when it first released on Steam (the WOTY edition aka. v1.05), you've enjoyed a full year of free major updates and over 200 additional free scenarios.

Both customer groups will receive yet another free major update (v1.09), which contains the NI DLC in a locked state. If you want, you purchase it, unlock it, play it and enjoy it. If you don't want to do that, you still get the game-engine benefits of the free v1.09 update.

So, to repeat: who exactly conned you, and how?
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I don't understand what you don't understand...how is it being a sucker? You don't have to buy the campaign and scenario add on. You're game will continue to function. Some people just love to complain about something. Say hi to Herman for me.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

I don't understand how this is different from a scenario pack?
[/quote]

It looks to me like 76mm interpreted that post as saying CMANO:CNI would be compatible with the CMANO: WOTY edition, but *not* the 'normal' edition. ie, by buying the original game they'd been 'suckered' into getting a version that's wouldn't be compatible with future DLC.

Later posts look to me though like both CMANO 'normal' and WOTY edition will be compatible with CNI, so that clears that up. I think.

Edit: Chemkid, we both respond to the same hours-old post with the same answer, 30-seconds apart. Hehe!
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn
Lighten up, Francis. I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, the support for this game has obviously been great, but I found it odd that this add-on could be included as scenarios in the GOTY edition, but not the base version, because it seemed like the people who bought the original game might want to do that as well. chemkid and colonel molerat say they'll be treated the same, although that's not very clear from the original post.
Some people just love to complain about something. Say hi to Herman for me.
Say hi to him yourself, I have no idea who he is. And I'll complain about something if I feel like it, thank you very much.

Just to clarify what I don't understand: In what sense is this a "stand alone" game? For people that already own the game, how is this different from a scenario pack? And for new buyers what does "stand alone" mean--no access to other scenarios, the editors, etc., or what?
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

"SUCKERS"?!

Who exactly conned you, and how?

If you bought Command the day it came out, you've enjoyed 2 years of free major updates (incl. all the material included in the WOTY edition) and over 200 additional free scenarios.

If you bought Command when it first released on Steam (the WOTY edition aka. v1.05), you've enjoyed a full year of free major updates and over 200 additional free scenarios.

Both customer groups will receive yet another free major update (v1.09), which contains the NI DLC in a locked state. If you want, you purchase it, unlock it, play it and enjoy it. If you don't want to do that, you still get the game-engine benefits of the free v1.09 update.

So, to repeat: who exactly conned you, and how?

Even though I actually got CMANO as a surprise Xmas gift, having played it, it is definitely worth paying full price, and I would have done a little saving for it if I didn't get it as a gift.

The support has been great, and the community scenario pack is excellent, as it is effectively free player-made DLC.

I would never expect a dev to charge for patches, as it would be in my opinion a gaming sin to charge for fixes, but the free updates to the database are incredible.

So you say that NI is included in 1.09, so does that mean we will see the patch and the DLC pretty soon??
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Lighten up, Francis. I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, the support for this game has obviously been great, but I found it odd that this add-on could be included as scenarios in the GOTY edition, but not the base version, because it seemed like the people who bought the original game might want to do that as well. chemkid and colonel molerat say they'll be treated the same, although that's not very clear from the original post.
Some people just love to complain about something. Say hi to Herman for me.
Say hi to him yourself, I have no idea who he is. And I'll complain about something if I feel like it, thank you very much.

Just to clarify what I don't understand: In what sense is this a "stand alone" game? For people that already own the game, how is this different from a scenario pack? And for new buyers what does "stand alone" mean--no access to other scenarios, the editors, etc., or what?
You can complain all you want. But you can easily be painted as a complainer about something that will not cost you a dime and you can just plain ignore. I/We have that right as well. Talk about being ungrateful for devs that have gone above and beyond in their support...

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”