This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese navy.

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Dysta

RE: This chart shows every surface ship in the Chinese navy.

Post by Dysta »

It was suppose to be released at May, but the media spread it only after June. It's a not-bad chart, but lacks of actual size scaling, as well as brief description of their origins and purposes.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Jeesh...I would cut them some slack. It can't have everything. Thats the difference between books and infographics.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

This chart is somewhat misleading. Where are the submarines?
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Below the surface? [;)]
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

One thing that the chart telling me however, is CMANO is lacks of maritime surveillance/coast guard vessels since we usually only focus on enriching military machines and weaponries.

I found not a single Chinese Coast Guard/Maritime Surveillance ships in database, and few scenarios I found that the role as Chinese Coast Guards are only using generic small ships, or even fishing boat.
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

ORIGINAL: Dysta

I found not a single Chinese Coast Guard/Maritime Surveillance ships in database, and few scenarios I found that the role as Chinese Coast Guards are only using generic small ships, or even fishing boat.

I think it's because specifications for Chinese Coast Guard vessels are so rare on the internet, it's not enough data to create a DB platform with.
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0
ORIGINAL: Dysta

I think it's because specifications for Chinese Coast Guard vessels are so rare on the internet, it's not enough data to create a DB platform with.
Chinese Coast Guard/Maritime Surveillance ships are not very sexy, most have no visible weapon mounts and even their sensors appear to only be navigation radars and probable comint, with satellite comms

Not sure we want Rag or Mike bogged down on countless unarmed ships with nav radars. Not anytime soon anyway, they're still rolling on making this simulation better and better.

I've looked into it a little just because of the "rare" info, in english anyway. Check it out, there is also a China Aviation 2015 kmz based on info from Scramble.

Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Chinese Coast Guard/Maritime Surveillance ships are not very sexy, most have no visible weapon mounts and even their sensors appear to only be navigation radars and probable comint, with satellite comms

Not sure we want Rag or Mike bogged down on countless unarmed ships with nav radars. Not anytime soon anyway, they're still rolling on making this simulation better and better.

I've looked into it a little just because of the "rare" info, in english anyway. Check it out, there is also a China Aviation 2015 kmz based on info from Scramble.

I already bookmarked that page a while ago. Also using the Chinese Aviation ORBAT for some of my own scenarios. However I think, if you look at what info is needed to create a DB entry, it's still very thin.
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

What about water cannon disturbance? Making it act as loitering weapon that giving little to no effect to bigger vessels, but actual damage to smaller boats?

Especially some high pressure water can punch through bridge glasses, as well as wooden hull that usually found on fishing boats and yachts. Even more in much rarer cases, spraying water to the burning ship may put it out of fire, despite of improper firefighting.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

They have handcuffs too and a mission can be set up to check fishing licenses and then a function key to execute the handcuff algorithm. Maybe we can show them incapacitating crew with tear gas.
You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes
AlmightyTallest

Post by AlmightyTallest »

LOL, you guys made me think of this:

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”