Can't select planet through spaceport

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

bandusdr

Can't select planet through spaceport

Post by bandusdr »

Kind of an amusing problem, and one I suspect someone has encountered before. Basically, I've built a spaceport that is larger then the moon it orbits. I am trying to drop troops off on the planet below it, however, I can't get the option because the game believes I am trying to right-click on the spaceport.

Is there any way around this? Thanks!
elliotg

RE: Can't select planet through spaceport

Post by elliotg »

Hi Bandus

With your troop transport selected, zoom out to the sector level (Delete key) and right-click the system with your colony. You should get an option to Unload troops at the colony.

Thanks
Elliot
bandusdr

Post by bandusdr »

Thank you for the reply elliot! I tried this and it does indeed work for individual troop transports. I select 1 troop transport, right click the system from sector level, and the option appears.

However, I have a rather large fleet of troop transports and with the fleet selected the option does not appear to unload troops unfortunately.

Is there another methodology for a fleet, perhaps? Thank you again!
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Sorry, looks like you can't do that at the fleet level. You can load troops for a fleet that way, but not unload.

You'll need to do each ship individually.

You can offset spaceport locations over colonies, so that even when they are bigger than planets they do not completely cover them. When building them, with the colony selected, just right-click at the offset location where you want them built.

Thanks
Elliot
bandusdr

Post by bandusdr »

Alright. Thank you again for your assistance!
twinkypillow

Post by twinkypillow »

Why wouldn't you just go into the design screen of the spaceport (click the overly large spaceport and then in the lower left window press the "large port mk2" or whatever it says) there are multiple ways to get to the design screen of the spaceport and then set the size on the top left to 'absolute or relative' and then lower the number to like 0.50 and then the spaceport will be small..

hope that makes sense..
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

ORIGINAL: elliotg

Sorry, looks like you can't do that at the fleet level. You can load troops for a fleet that way, but not unload.
If you fix that in the next update, it would be a new "best change ever" after the change with flee option involving armor.

The pain of accidentally loading troops with a fighting fleet (with troop compartments on cruisers) [:(]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”