Windows 10

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

koniu

Windows 10

Post by koniu »

Currently i am using Windows 8.1 64bit. As we probably all know Microsoft will give free upgrade to Windows 10 for all Windows 7/8.1 users. I plan to do that after official upgrade will be available

But i have question. Anyone was testing how WiTPAE is working on W10. I don`t want to upgrade and find that game is not working properly. Personally i hope game support on new OS will be closer to W7 rather than W8
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
wdolson

RE: Windows 10

Post by wdolson »

Microsoft has been committed to trying to make sure as many older programs as possible are compatible with newer versions of Windows.

I haven't tested the game with Windows 10, but I think it will probably be compatible. Probably with some of the quirks seen in Win 7 and 8, but I think it can be made to work.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Microsoft has been committed to trying to make sure as many older programs as possible are compatible with newer versions of Windows.

I haven't tested the game with Windows 10, but I think it will probably be compatible. Probably with some of the quirks seen in Win 7 and 8, but I think it can be made to work.

Bill
What quirks are you referring to?
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I seem to recall Windows 3.1 was going to allow us to play our games back then.....Was gonna be super..

Still remember making "HiMem" by going into the autoexec.bat/config.sys........

I think I was making $13k annually.............

Gasoline was a rip off at 65 cents..................Wait...it still is but they charge more for it..

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”