(REVISED) Operation Balpara 2019

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

cf_dallas

RE: Operation Balpara 2019

Post by cf_dallas »

So, other than the ferry flight altitude..... what's everyone think of the scenario?
Formerly cwemyss
AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

I was using the latest what was available, 1.07 RC5 (677). All in all, looks promising to try with the 1.07 final. And I don't really think any adjustments are needed, on the side of a scenario.
wheecarm

Post by wheecarm »

Any idea how to fix that ferry bug for the civilian flights?
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

I'm going to try to find time to take a look at it this weekend.
Formerly cwemyss
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

ORIGINAL: wheecarm

Any idea how to fix that ferry bug for the civilian flights?

It's a simple fix. Just go to the civilian side and in the Mission Editor enter the Ferry Altitude you want for the flights.
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

OK, finally got in and made the updates to the Civilian side, the ferry altitudes should work now.

Thats' the only significant change. Let me know if there's anything else, otherwise I'll post to the Community Scenario thread.

Thanks!
Attachments
Operation..elease3.zip
(339.1 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Formerly cwemyss
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

A last suggestion from my side would be to exchange the Indonesian CN-235-110 with one of the new, more capable CN-235-220s, which were added recently. BTW, I couldn't find the scenario in the official scenario list. Hasn't it been posted for release yet?

Supreme
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

OK... sorry about the long delay! I've been distracted (tm.asp?m=3850876&mpage=1) and then busy.

The scenario has been updated to the latest database I've downloaded (429) and resaved under Buld 678 (V1.07). If anyone wants to give it a play-through, further suggestions are always welcome.

I haven't downloaded any of the 1.08 release candidates yet, so I haven't updated to the current DB. Supreme, I like your suggestion with the CN-235-220. It's not in DB429 and I'm going to wait for the official release of 1.08 before I upgrade. Once that happens (and it sounds like it should be very soon) I'll update this for release to the Community Scenarios.
Attachments
Operation..elease4.zip
(339.16 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Formerly cwemyss
Maromak

Post by Maromak »

I replayed the previous latest version recently. My TF got close to the island and was detected but didn't survive the follow-on attack without giving away too much. This was much harder than the original where I could get away with almost no A2A patrols.
Certa Cito
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Sorry for being late to the party, have not been following this thread and it may have been covered. I did note in Ferry missions that you need to make sure that your mission has the # of AC in formation selected to '0' or things get a bit wonky.

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

ORIGINAL: Maromak

I replayed the previous latest version recently. My TF got close to the island and was detected but didn't survive the follow-on attack without giving away too much. This was much harder than the original where I could get away with almost no A2A patrols.

((where's that evil grin emoticon... ))

Yeah, I made a few tweaks to the opposing forces. CAPs are pretty much mandatory now, and it doesn't hurt to coordinate the arrival of the TF with the arrival of the Brisbane group (if one Aegis DDG is good... two is better).

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

Sorry for being late to the party, have not been following this thread and it may have been covered. I did note in Ferry missions that you need to make sure that your mission has the # of AC in formation selected to '0' or things get a bit wonky.

B

I'll check that before I put out the release version.
Formerly cwemyss
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

And hopefully the final version! Changelog:

- Upgraded Indonesian F-16A/B Blk 25 to F-16C/D Blk 52
- Upgraded Indonesian CN235-110 to CN235-220 and CN-235-220M
- Replaced French AS.565s with Indonesian AS.562MBe
- Replaced French EC.725 with Indonesian EC.725
- A couple mods to WRAs

Note: I left the F-35As in player control as the USAF version, because I already had mags full of compatible weapons; the database verison of Australia's F-35A is a bit handicapped in comparison.

Updated file (Release 5) attached here and in the title post. If I don't hear otherwise in the next few days, I'll post it to the community scenarios thread.

Thanks for all your patience!
Attachments
Operation..elease5.zip
(340.88 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Formerly cwemyss
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

B

Well, crud... forgot to look at this. Tonight/tomorrow.

Formerly cwemyss
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

Another one I haven't touched in months. Again, updated to the latest database, fixed a couple minor glitches, and I think it's pretty well ready to go.

Gunner: I'm not sure what you mean about the Ferry missions (and it's been so long that the UI might have changed). The Ferry "Flight Size" is set to single-aircraft.

Attachments
Operation..elease6.zip
(447.08 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Formerly cwemyss
tommo8993

Post by tommo8993 »

Great work. I'd love to see you do a more British centric work with the QE carriers.
magi

Post by magi »

im really liking this... just played a couple of hours... but have a few questions... tomorrow....
magi

Post by magi »

I do like the premise of this scenario a lot… And I am also enjoying playing in this region it using Australian forces… I think it's great that you have all the civilians units is it adds to the ambience....
I do wish you had some basic doctrine patrol missions up for both sides at the beginning… It just seems more realistic… To me anyhoo.....
As mentioned by others.. I believe.... I would like a more refined briefing.... And I must've admit.. I do not understand why did Brisbane group is so far away from the area of operation… I believe it should be moved closer.... Or some explanation as to why it is in start location....
magi

Post by magi »

it started running real slow for me.... i dont know why... its not that big... downloading and starting over....
cf_dallas

Post by cf_dallas »

Brisbane sortied from Sydney.... Which is quite a ways from the combat zone. :-) I thought I covered that in the brief or the scenario description, I'll take a look.

Formerly cwemyss
magi

Post by magi »

ok....

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”