An Update please?

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war. In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game. Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.
CSSS

An Update please?

Post by CSSS »

It has been 6 weeks throw us a bone?
zakblood

RE: An Update please?

Post by zakblood »

zakblood throws CSS a large bone[:D]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Ralzakark

Post by Ralzakark »

CSS, there are slightly more signs of life at the slitherine forums here but this one seems dead as a dodo at the moment.

From experience with other games the lack of news suggests it's a long way off appearing, if ever. It looks interesting so I hope I'm wrong.
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
Athelas2211

Post by Athelas2211 »

You are wrong. Game is in heavy beta and devs are great in responding to suggestions. I don't think one would recognize it if one compares first version from the last.
Be happy, for we are definitely in for a treat!!!

(Risk+Masters of MAgic lite +Birthright + Panzer).

;-)
playing RTS, strategy and RPG games from ...ever?
Ralzakark

Post by Ralzakark »

Good to know. And as always I'd rather it was right than delivered fast anyway [:)]
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
Brettski

Post by Brettski »

Really looking forward to this one. Any info on a possible release date?
Athelas2211

Post by Athelas2211 »

2015 is all I know....I have no idea, but I think within first quarter...it could be...but it always depends on tactical planning on which time....avoid steam sales and whatever...
playing RTS, strategy and RPG games from ...ever?
eormur

Post by eormur »

Still no updates? Any idea when we might hear something new?
So there I was...
v.Manstein

Post by v.Manstein »

Your wait will soon have an end. Then you can gather your Elven armies...
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Some screenshots showing the latest version would be nice.
jtbb64

Post by jtbb64 »

Soon is a relative term. Any more precise expected time frame that can be given? Years,months,weeks,or even days maybe? I have to plan to save the allowance my wife gives me.... Thanks.
v.Manstein

Post by v.Manstein »

Months, Q2.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Today we are excited to announce that Sovereignty will enter Steam Early Access on April the 9th!

Slitherine, Gothic Labs and The Lordz Games Studio really see Early Access as a unique opportunity to gather relevant feedback on all parts of the game and enhance it accordingly. This epic fantasy strategy game is a rather ambitious project and we thought that the community would be the best source of inspiration to take the game where it deserves to be.

Sovereignty has been in development for 3 years now, so the content provided is already very rich and players can have acomplete play through with all of the realms and campaigns available!

We are going to sell the game on our site as well:

- If you buy from our site you are buying a steam key for early access on steam.
- When the game will be released we will supply you a standard DRM free installer.
- Your steam key will be the license key for the installer when it is released.

To better show all the features of the game we will stream it tomorrow 1[sup]st[/sup] April (no joke!) on our official Twitch Channel at 20 CEST/2pm EDT!

Enter Early Access here!

Do you want to know more? Check the product page here!

ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

I think the price is way too high for the steam audience.
budd

Post by budd »

where do u see the price?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

You have to expand the early access box, it is $24.99 for early access and more at release, but it doesn't say how much.

Seems pretty reasonable to me, if the game is good and I am optimistic it will be.
budd

Post by budd »

i see it now, thx. I'll need to see more gameplay, i'll catch the twitch after the fact and look for some youtube early impressions. I would like to hear more about where's it at and what they hope to add to it. Haven't had a chance to get deep into the info yet but the price doesn't seem
unreasonable, but defiantly need to know more.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
GrumpyMel

Post by GrumpyMel »

Can you explain exactly what steps I would need to take in order to purchase through Matrix and get early access installed through Steam and then switch to a non-Steam DRM free version when final release comes out?

I'm sure this is probably a dumb question but I've never installed a game purchased outside of Steam through Steam before so I'm unaware of the steps to do it. I do have Steam and I've bought games through it before but I generally like to avoid doing so if a game is available through a different channel. Matrix will always be my first choice for purchasing if it's available.

Also, going this route would that mean that when the release version comes out, I would uninstall the Steam version through Steam and then have to reinstall the DRM version that I downloaded through Matrix?

Sorry...just a bit confused by this.
francescoperrone

Post by francescoperrone »

no price on steam...connecting from italy
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

You will only start seeing the buy and price buttons on Steam next week on the 9th of April when the game is released into Early Access, but the starting price was already hinted and revealed in the Steam game page texts:
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Sovereignty is truly massive, but we are definitely looking at encouraging players to jump into the program to help us finish it. So we are looking at a $ 24.99 price point for this version and looking at increasing it at release.”

Return to “Sovereignty: Crown of Kings”