[REL] Sound Effects Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Unforeseen

RE: [REL] Sound Effects Mod

Post by Unforeseen »

ORIGINAL: Brone

This mod should be on the first page of the modding forum [:)]

Thanks for your hardwork!

Unless it needs to be updated...a new expansion did just come out...
Ranbir

Post by Ranbir »

Well the expansion allows themes to have sound effects.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

It should be fully compatible as it stands now, just drop the sounds\effects folder directly into your personal theme folder along with any other mods you are using. There is no longer a need to overwrite any of the original sound files as described above. If you have other mods that modify the sound files that you want to take priority, then just drop this one first and then install the other mods. As long as you allow "overwrite of files" when it pops up, then it will automatically replace the needed sound files and you will have effectively merged the two mods.

I do plan to update this mod and the instructions (as well as my other 3 mods) to reflect the latest snapshot from my personal mod folder. Over the past 6 months I have played a number of games and tweaked the sounds further based on testing, forum feedback, personal taste, etc. However, I happen to have a challenging 1.9.0.13 Shadows game that I am finishing up and its chewing all my available gaming time, so it may be a week or so before the update is completed.
For those interested, forum thread link to post with a master list of all my DW mods: Link

Buio

Post by Buio »

ORIGINAL: Tampa_Gamer
Over the past 6 months I have played a number of games and tweaked the sounds further based on testing, forum feedback, personal taste, etc. However, I happen to have a challenging 1.9.0.13 Shadows game that I am finishing up and its chewing all my available gaming time, so it may be a week or so before the update is completed.

Looking forward to it. :)
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

Look forward to your update.
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
WaflHead

Post by WaflHead »

Fantastic! Thank you
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: Tampa_Gamer

It should be fully compatible as it stands now, just drop the sounds\effects folder directly into your personal theme folder along with any other mods you are using. There is no longer a need to overwrite any of the original sound files as described above. If you have other mods that modify the sound files that you want to take priority, then just drop this one first and then install the other mods. As long as you allow "overwrite of files" when it pops up, then it will automatically replace the needed sound files and you will have effectively merged the two mods.

I do plan to update this mod and the instructions (as well as my other 3 mods) to reflect the latest snapshot from my personal mod folder. Over the past 6 months I have played a number of games and tweaked the sounds further based on testing, forum feedback, personal taste, etc. However, I happen to have a challenging 1.9.0.13 Shadows game that I am finishing up and its chewing all my available gaming time, so it may be a week or so before the update is completed.

Any chance you will still update?
Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Yes, its just a matter of finding some time to get to it. The latter part of this summer has been a very challenging one for my family so real life priorities came into play. Hopefully once school starts and things settle down with my kids over the next few weeks I will have a chance to sink my teeth into the latest patch with a new game and post an update. In the meantime, it does work fine with Universe with the instructions I mentioned above.

For those interested, forum thread link to post with a master list of all my DW mods: Link

Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

FYI, I just posted my current version in the first post above. Please let me know if anyone has any problems downloading, etc. Thanks!

astradeus_slith

Post by astradeus_slith »

mod approve .thank you
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Thanks for the update!

Return to “Design and Modding”