Bug in support mission pathing?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

wheecarm

Bug in support mission pathing?

Post by wheecarm »

I searched the forums to see if anybody else has encountered this problem, but didn't find anything. Could be because of the keywords I try to use make it difficult.

Anyway, the bug is this: When a unit is in a support mission (even before it makes it on station) and I move or delete the reference points in that mission, or I assign the unit to a totally different support mission, the unit might refuse to move on to the new/next reference point until it reaches the previous one it was headed toward. The weird thing is, even if that reference point was moved or deleted, it heads to the exact spot that point used to be.

Now, if I unassign the unit and manually plot courses, it will obey those just fine. If I delete the mission it is and was on (including deleting all the reference points associated with them, to be sure), as soon as I put it back on a newly created support mission it will stubbornly resume heading to the location of that old reference point. It's essentially stuck until it hits that point.
mikmykWS

RE: Bug in support mission pathing?

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah it treats it like a plot. Try hitting F3 and see what happens.

Mike
wheecarm

Post by wheecarm »

I hit F3 and create a plot and it will move to that plot, as expected. Once I remove that plot (or all plots by double tapping F3) it turns back toward that previous reference waypoint (even if it's not there anymore).
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok we'll take a look

M
wheecarm

Post by wheecarm »

Here's a save file of the bug currently in action:

In this save file, the unit "33 Sqn #4" is an Airbus A.330 tanker currently assigned to a support mission consisting of reference points RP-3434 and RP-3435. However, it won't fly to that track. It's "stuck" flying to a waypoint/reference point that no longer exists. The "ghost" waypoint it's heading toward is going to be deep into Australia. This unit was the one assigned to that old mission. If I plot a course, it will divert and fly to that plot, but then resume flying to the "ghost" waypoint. If I unassign it and reassign it to a different support mission with totally different reference points, it still stubbornly flies to the "ghost." Note, this unit just recently took off after standing down from its previous tanker mission and yet it still thinks it needs to fly to that old waypoint.
Attachments
SupportWaypointBug.zip
(381.96 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

I've had this before and most of the time it works to hit F3 twice and then select another unit.

If that doesn't do it, I just "U"nassign the unit and then reassign to the mission I want it on using the right click, assign option.

It usually takes a second or two but the unit goes to the new mission.
wheecarm

Post by wheecarm »

ORIGINAL: jarraya

I've had this before and most of the time it works to hit F3 twice and then select another unit.

If that doesn't do it, I just "U"nassign the unit and then reassign to the mission I want it on using the right click, assign option.

It usually takes a second or two but the unit goes to the new mission.

But that's not working. Try the save and see for yourself. This doesn't happen often, thankfully. It probably happens to me relatively often because I'm constantly shifting reference points and missions -- I blame being obsessive compulsive hah.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

We're the one's that look and fix stuff so don't worry about it. We've got it on our list and will take a look.

Thanks!

Mike
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

I've encountered this bug too. Usually, it is with a/c support that were assigned missions by the scenario designer and I changed their mission. So I just plot them which I do a lot with my non-patrol a/c.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ok we'll take a look
wheecarm

Post by wheecarm »

Awesome, thanks Mike! I hope the save game helps! :)
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

FWIW, sometimes if I RTB the offending a/c and later send it out on a new support mission, then it obeys the new support mission; and sometimes it still goes off on its own.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hmm. Save of one that does that would help but we'll defitely take a look.

Mike
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Next time it occurs, I'll remember to save the game, RTB the offending support a/c and relaunch and then save game if it helps. Usually, I just manual plot the support a/c and forget about it. This is a really minor issue.

Return to “Tech Support”