RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

ehsumrell1

RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

Post by ehsumrell1 »

RELEASED!!!

***Distant Worlds:Universe ~ STAR TREK THE PICARD ERA Version 1.0 ***

Originator & Creator: Igard

Lead Developer & Trek Team Manager: ehsumrell1

------ Trek Team -------

Tophat1812

Gyrospeck

Carl4243

FingNewGuy

------Galactic Adviser --------

Das123 (a.k.a. Das24680)

----- DW Creator -----

elliotg {Elliot Gibbs}

22 Star Trek Races & 4 pirate groupings; The Shakturi and Mechanoids are not playable but are available for non-canon play.

PLAYABLE STAR TREK RACES
ANDORIAN, BAJORAN, BENZITE, BORG, BREEN, CARDASSIAN, CHALNOTH, DOMINION, FEDERATION
FERENGI, GORN, HIROGEN, KAZON, KLINGON, KTARIAN, REMAN, ROMULAN, SHELIAK, SON'A
TAMARIAN, THOLIAN & YRIDIAN ** More coming in Version 2.0.

PLAYABLE PIRATE GROUPINGS
THE ORION SYNDICATE, THE MAQUIS, THE KORGATH BARBARIANS & THE KHAN PRIVATEERS

- Shipsets - All 22 playable races have their own set. Pirates have 2 specific shipsets. Phantom Pirates have their own.
- Characters - Currently 524 specific images, over 1000 characters (some share a generic image or symbol) ** More coming in Version 2.0.
- Troop images - All races have their own set.
- Dialogue - All races have their own dialog.
- Flagshapes - All races have their own flag and color schemes.
- Music - 36 tracks from Star Trek The Next Generation's first 3 seasons composed by Ron Jones (Fair Use Respected)
- System names - 9000+ Star Trek and other astronomical system names for variety.
- Race files- Completed. May require balance tweaking, please report any major issues
- Bias settings - Completed. May require balance tweaking, please report any major issues
- Policy files - Completed. May require balance tweaking, please report any issues
- Victory conditions - Complete. Please report any issues
- Race Event types - Complete. Please report any issues
- The Borg race shipset size-scaled to near-canon (at least closely!)
- New government added - Religious Unity (Race specific ~ Bajoran only) ** More being added in Version 2.0.
- Each Race may have their own specific UI icons and graphics {OPTIONAL} (located in the images\UI\chrome\[The Race Name]\ folder)
- Minimum garrisoned troop per colony set to 4 for defense against invasion or pirate raids.
- Rumors of Crystalline Entity sightings (replaces the Silvermist)
- A few select Star Trek resource images and Component names. Galactopedia entries have been modified.
- Some weapon effect replacements
- Message pop ups appear as Starfleet PADDs
- Numerous Star Trek sound effects
- Shakturi and Mechanoids are not overwritten so you can still play the story, just with your choice of the Star Trek races.
- Milky Way Galaxy map with Star Trek race placements - NOTE: [WIP] Not completed yet - Will be included in Version 2.0 coming soon!

** More to come in the near future with Version 2.0; Galaxy maps for 1400 & 700 stars, more race characters, more minor races, etcetera.

Installation of Distant Worlds Universe Star Trek The Picard Era Mod:

1. Download the mod from MediaFire. Unzip the file to a temporary folder.
2. Copy the folder 'Star Trek The Picard Era' to your Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\Customization\ folder
3. Start Distant Worlds and at game main menu select 'Change Theme', then select the Star Trek Picard Era mod and click 'Switch Theme'
4. If you wish to play a 'close to canon' immersive game, select start a custom game as a Standard Empire, then make sure to deselect
'Enable Return of the Shakturi story Events' from the last game setup screen.
5. You may also choose to play ANY of the other game-type selections with this mod except for 'The Ancient Galaxy' selection,
which is its own mod in itself.

*** This Theme should be compatible with many of the UI, AI and Graphic Mods made for Distant Worlds Universe ***
Please contact a member of the aforementioned 'Trek Team' if you have any issues or post inquiries in the forum.

Thanks and Credits

Original Mod creation, structure, trailblazing and most importantly Romulan Ale supply by Igard

Character groundwork, version updating and compilation, team moderating and testing by ehsumrell1

Additional sounds by fulgaris

Music by Ron Jones

Additional planet images and ship graphics by Kalthaniell

Additional weapons images by msnevil

Select shipsets by Woodman

Select ships, and stations by unusualsuspex at DeviantArt

Religious Unity Government by dwaine

*Inspiration and Cargo Bay Defense testing by DATA

*Special thanks to tjhkkr over time for sending images, giving massive support and some very helpful advice.

*Special thanks to Shark7 and his massive Destroyer Fleet for Cargo Bay security from DATA.

*Special thanks to the Trek Team for sending images, testing, critique, giving ideas and most of all, your support!

Thanks and credit to all the modders at battleclinic.com who created some of the wonderful ship models and textures used in this mod.

**Very special shout out to Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean Luc Picard)!

And of course, Gene Roddenberry and Paramount Pictures.

Copyright Notice and Disclaimer

This is a fan-made game modification. Star Trek is owned by CBS studios Inc. and Paramount Pictures. We do not make any profit from this
material nor do we request or accept donations.

We cannot accept responsibility for any damage that may be caused by downloading these files. All files are thoroughly virus checked.

Happy Trekking!

EDIT - 8/21/2014
*** Forgot to mention the the "colonyNames" file in the theme directory will name the initial homeworld "Genesis", and will name new planets according to the name order inside the file. Just either remove the file or just rename the file with an underscore (i.e. _colonyNames) if you don't wish to use this feature. Or, just fill the file with your colony names of choice. ***

Download the mod from MediaFire here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mkq1cbcpxf2a6ew/DW_Universe-ST_Picard_Era.zip

Alternate Download Site:
at Strategy Informer here: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/distantworldsuniverse/mod/53122.html

Watch Star Trek The Picard Era You Tube "Lets' Play's"
recorded by Das24680 (a.k.a Das123) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLIqajj26wk
Attachments
STPE.gif
STPE.gif (22.37 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Darkgreek

RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

Post by Darkgreek »

:p i have to register now ... i followed the other thread about 1 month :p and i was so happy yesterday for the release and now this :p you driving me crazy just registered to told ya :) ( I will now have from monday for 3 weeks internet connection to get this mod so i hope i will have my hands on this till then :))) )
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Great news! I hope it puts Star Trek Armada 3 for Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion to shame ...
ArKaniA

Post by ArKaniA »

awesome! love these sim modderZ [:)]
hewwo

Post by hewwo »

anticipation anticipation!!
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

:)

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (21.26 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Wrong Surgeon TJ...You'll see McCoy in "The Kirk Era"! [:-]

THIS is one of the correct Surgeons for the "Picard Era"! [:)]

Attachments
K Pulaski-Fed.jpg
K Pulaski-Fed.jpg (19.78 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
imdahman

Post by imdahman »

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Well, to be fair, Dr. McCoy DID feature in the pilot ep of TNG. He was retired and a hundred and fucking thirty, but he was alive... and there... :p
- imdahman
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
-- Arthur C. Clarke
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Disclaimer: this picture is used for the harassment of IGARD EHSUMRELL and DATA. Always drink any alcohol responsibly... even if you run into Lwuxana Troi, and find you are married to her, please drink responsibly.
Attachments
95A1902B82..78FDE048.jpg
95A1902B82..78FDE048.jpg (51.26 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
ParagonExile

Post by ParagonExile »

Beverly is the only doctor in TNG, this Pulaski chick never existed.

#StarTrekPurity
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

NOTE: First post edited with information on upcoming release date!
[:)]
Solarius Scorch

Post by Solarius Scorch »

NOTE: First post edited with information on upcoming release date!

Dude, you know how to create a hype. :D
Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Just keeping folks informed Solarius.
Solarius Scorch

Post by Solarius Scorch »

Just keeping folks informed Solarius.

I never said it was wrong. [:)]

I want to be informed myself!
Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!
FrozenFallout

Post by FrozenFallout »

Cant wait for this mod to come out!

Has anyone thought about creating a galaxy map so all the races start in the correct spot? I think it would be interesting to play out a few scenarios like Playing the TNG or DS9 situations like the Klingon civil war that the feds had to get involved in or the Voyager scenario where you just get one ship that you need to cross the full map with having fuel and diplo issues with crossing empires space. The Dominion War would probably be awesome to play out... just to bad there isn't a way to create a stable worm hole that allows you to travel across the map making the war more interesting at the start but the war was really just in Cardassian space for the most part so you could put the dominion home planet and Cardassion home planet in the same starting system and give the Cardassions a ton of space with pockets of it owned by the Dominion with a smaller combat force and give the Dominion a ton of Combat ships to start with. Anyway really look forward to playing this mod tomorrow!
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Hello FrozenFallout, and welcome to the DW forums!

It's great to have another true 'Trekkie' join the group!

I am currently working on a 'Trek" galaxy map to use with the mod. There are a few different
variants that can be used. Unfortunately though, as fellow forum member Osito has attested to,
map creation is a true time-consuming pain when it comes to accuracy.

So I'm compromising, and the map when finished won't be true to canon, but as close as feasible
possible. All races will be represented but not 'exactly' in the spacial areas they need to be.
The difficulty lies in correctly placing such things as 'The Neutral Zone', 'The Badlands', 'The
Briar Patch', and hope that the game start generates the proper race 'somewhat near to' the correct
area on the map. Otherwise, the only alternative is to build the map star by star. Also, a map is
saved as a savegame (of sorts), and there are different types of map sizes, galaxy types, etc. So
you can see the problem.

Nevertheless, what we're going to do I believe will be satisfactory for now. Just hoping I can get it
done before tomorrows Version 1.0 release. If not, it will be rolled into the Version 2.0 release in
about a month. Once released, please return to the forum thread here after you've had a chance
to play the mod and give us your feedback.
Osito

Post by Osito »

All races will be represented but not 'exactly' in the spacial areas they need to be.
The difficulty lies in correctly placing such things as 'The Neutral Zone', 'The Badlands', 'The
Briar Patch', and hope that the game start generates the proper race 'somewhat near to' the correct area on the map.

I'd be interested to know how you're managing do achieve that (or I guess I'll see it when it's released). I've never managed to get any empire to start where I wanted it to in a random game, other than by specifing the position in a scenario.

Good luck, anyway.

Osito

PS Do you happen to know whether Elliot is going to give the map creation features any love any time soon?
Osito
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Osito

All races will be represented but not 'exactly' in the spacial areas they need to be.
Briar Patch', and hope that the game start generates the proper race 'somewhat near to' the correct area on the map.

I'd be interested to know how you're managing do achieve that (or I guess I'll see it when it's released). I've never managed to get any empire to start where I wanted it to in a random game, other than by specifing the position in a scenario.

Good luck, anyway.

Osito

PS Do you happen to know whether Elliot is going to give the map creation features any love any time soon?
Hi Osito;

Yes, it is going to be a general Star Trek scenario. Unfortunately though it is going to wait until I release
version 2.0. I want to have the map scenario done for 1400 and 700 star games. Thus, as you well know, that
means 2 distinct maps.

Busy right now uploading the mod to various sites for release this evening. I'll PM you later concerning the
map creation features.

ehsumrell1

RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

Post by ehsumrell1 »

-- RELEASED!! --

- PLEASE SEE ORIGINAL POST -

Attachments
STPE.gif
STPE.gif (22.37 KiB) Viewed 1828 times
ajeffco

RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

Post by ajeffco »

YAY!!!!

Big sucker. Can't wait to get into it.

Thank you much.

Return to “Design and Modding”