Unhandled exception when changing theme

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Osito

Unhandled exception when changing theme

Post by Osito »

I experienced this problem with a lot in the initial release of DW:U, but it seemed to go away (or, at least, reduce in frequency) after one of the previous updates. Anyway, with 1.9.5.5 beta I experience this problem pretty much every time I change theme. It can't be caused just by errors in the theme, because I have experienced it when changing to a theme which contains no files.

As I've said before, this is probably 'system' dependent, because not everyone is experiencing it. I am getting a new computer next week, and will let you know if I continue to experience the problem. Anyway, there is certainly something here that needs fixing. If you need any more information from me, please let me know.

Osito
Osito
Bingeling

RE: Unhandled exception when changing theme

Post by Bingeling »

Error message?

If it does not crash and create a crash dump, you could access a message in the event viewer.

On my windows 7, it is easy enough to search for "event" under the start button, and start the event viewer.

In windows logs - Appilcation, I think you ought to find some red events, and in them find some references to distant worlds stuff. The details ought to look somewhat like the info in a crash dump.

Osito

RE: Unhandled exception when changing theme

Post by Osito »

Yes, there is a message, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that. It certainly doesn't help me understand the problem. When previously posting on this subject I have posted the message, and will do so again this time, if Elliot requests it.

Osito

Return to “Tech Support”