[WAD] MALD and MALD-J Decoy Problem

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Kitchens Sink

[WAD] MALD and MALD-J Decoy Problem

Post by Kitchens Sink »

In playing the Scenario "Crimean Episodes Operation Tiger Rifle", I am seeing that the MALD and MALD-J decoys on the B-52H are supposed to have a range of 500 miles...however once launched they run out of fuel after only 50 miles or so. I double checked to make sure the B52 was in the correct altitude/speed envelope for launch. I looked at the weapon description for MALD and MALD-J in the database and see that it only has about 9.8 mins of fuel at 400 kts, but a range of 500 nm.

Anyhow, I can't seem to get anywhere near 500 miles out of it.

I am using Build 521.
Tomcat84

RE: MALD and MALD-J Decoy Problem

Post by Tomcat84 »

450+ miles in closed beta build 532, Db3K version 415 in a non particular scenario. When opening Tiger Rifle it shows up with DB3K older version 407 or so and it gives me the same issue as you have with short range.

So check the DB3k version, what is the latest one you have? Update it to that in the scenario editor.

If it is already at the latest or if it doesnt fix it, then in that case await the next public beta and you will be good to go with the newer database (if you update the database version, redownloading the community pack in the future after public beta release should do it as well).
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
Kitchens Sink

RE: MALD and MALD-J Decoy Problem

Post by Kitchens Sink »

Thanks. Updated to the latest DB and the decoys now have 75 mins of fuel.

Return to “Tech Support”