Unit bases - SS Roundel

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

Warhorse

RE: Unit bases - SS Roundel

Post by Warhorse »

Hey Gary, awesome stuff! As Berto pointed out, unfortunately they won't make it into the next one, but am working on getting it packaged up, so you can post it here in the meantime as a user mod, so all can use it. The biggest thing is using the latest icons2d, which keeps changing as I add to it, as EF/RS/and WF all use the same basic template now!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

Mike

So as long as I use the 2dIcons.bmp you sent me as the fourth file in each base mod, everything should be alright?
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

Okay, last for a while.... Wehrmacht winter camo base. Early war is inspired by the glacis plate of a white washed Mk IIIG, while the late war was from white washed side skirts on a Mk IVH.

Awaiting the inevitable in late 41.

KG Henke forms up for it's death ride in early 45.

Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

ORIGINAL: XLVIII Pz. Korp

Mike

So as long as I use the 2dIcons.bmp you sent me as the fourth file in each base mod, everything should be alright?

Yes, I did just add some things, will try to get the new one out to you later. I was trying to get this together for you, but am getting nowhere what with the 2d project, would you want to assemble them, and make them available, by chance? It is time consuming, as each different type you've made, will need to be in a seperate mod folder. I just have too much going on to handle it as well as graphics and the other responsibilities! I haven't even been able to use any myself yet, yesterday was a fiasco with my computer, a lot of maintenance needed that I was putting off, finally caught up to me.

EDIT: Also, remember, the new icons2D is for both EF and WF, it will also be the same for RS as well as soon as I finish EF!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
berto

Post by berto »

In the Campaign Series, the unit bases have always been too garish for my taste.

In Rising Sun, unit bases that, like the above, blend in better with the terrain, and only differentiate sides by less obtrusive insignia (e.g., a smaller red rising sun, a white star, etc.) -- if you ever make a set of bases like that, I will forever be in your debt, XLVIII Pz. Korp.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

For RS, the rising sun with rays was used by the navy, meatball by the army. The first would only be SNLF units, the second for IJA.

I don't use flag mods because they don't do what a base does. A base gives a background that allows me to see what the unit on them is.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

A base gives a background that allows me to see what the unit on them is.
Me too. I'd just like my bases to blend in better with the terrain. I'm not too fond of the color red especially.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

+1 above, it is good to backdrop to see what the unit is, used to play w/o bases, drove me nuts!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Where are these new icon bases located for download?
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

dlazov66

Well, for now they're not. I have no idea how to make available for download. Send me an email and I'll send you what you want.
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

ORIGINAL: berto

In the Campaign Series, the unit bases have always been too garish for my taste.

In Rising Sun, unit bases that, like the above, blend in better with the terrain, and only differentiate sides by less obtrusive insignia (e.g., a smaller red rising sun, a white star, etc.) -- if you ever make a set of bases like that, I will forever be in your debt, XLVIII Pz. Korp.

berto

I'll see what I can do after I finish up EF. Still want to revise some of them. I'm going to stay with the larger/smaller insignia for selected/unselected. I have 5 sets done that are like that; 3 Wehrmacht camo, and 2 Wehrmacht winter camo. I want to revise some of the earlier ones I did to the same style, particularly DAK for WF.
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

A base gives a background that allows me to see what the unit on them is.

junk

You said a mouthful there pal. Exactly why I've been messing around with these.
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

ORIGINAL: berto

Berto

So then the agreed consensus is the smaller/larger natl insigna combo? I like it, apparently you guys do too? One exception I would make though is the Soviet Guards? I kinda like the way that one looks. Thoughts and comments?

Warhorse
ORIGINAL: Warhorse
ORIGINAL: XLVIII Pz. Korp

Mike

Yes, I did just add some things, will try to get the new one out to you later. I was trying to get this together for you, but am getting nowhere what with the 2d project, would you want to assemble them, and make them available, by chance? It is time consuming, as each different type you've made, will need to be in a seperate mod folder. I just have too much going on to handle it as well as graphics and the other responsibilities! I haven't even been able to use any myself yet, yesterday was a fiasco with my computer, a lot of maintenance needed that I was putting off, finally caught up to me.

EDIT: Also, remember, the new icons2D is for both EF and WF, it will also be the same for RS as well as soon as I finish EF!!

Well, I'm using the last 2D you sent me for all of these. When new is available I can always update the one file in the mod.

How the heck do I make this available for download??? I am clueless. I've had several people contact me for files, but I'd just like to make it available, here and at the Blitz. I can organize these last five into files with identifying descriptions or numbers and provide a jpeg of examples identified with the descript/number so people can look at the pic an decide which they wish to download.... however after doing that..... ????? Mike, if I send that to you could you make them available, or can you help me to do it?
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

I've got online storage that can be made public...I stored and shared the files for the 10th Panzer in Tunisia fixes I did with no problems.

Just send whatever you want via PM or e-mail lightningchad@aol.com and I'll upload them.

ChadG
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

Okay, will contact you later. Have to go help my kid move.

One last thing. Been updating Waffen SS and I have two camo patterns. What's the consensus pattern A or B?

Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

You can also use DropBox

I recommend it.

Jason Petho
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

Good idea! I think I just muddled my way through, and started a new thread for downloads
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Excellent!![&o]
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Darthmason

Post by Darthmason »

Absolutely beautiful work!!
XLVIIIPzKorp

Post by XLVIIIPzKorp »

Thank you sir. Visit the download link often. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3p5zrn68n1ulyrq/mWnsTFpcNH

More will be posted by tomorrow.

Thanks for your comments. [:)]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”