Game Scale

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
z1812

Game Scale

Post by z1812 »

What is the hex scale and how many minutes per turn?
Barthheart

RE: Game Scale

Post by Barthheart »

Hexes are 50 m (~150 feet). I believe I mixed up feet and meters (I said 150m ) in a previous post. This is correct.

Turns are roughly 2-4 minutes.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

2-4 minutes? is that just waiting on the ai to make a move or do you mean your time to think out the situation and plan your moves?
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

As he was talking about the scale, it's clear that he meant the turns represent 2-4 minutes of real time.

As far as waiting for the AI to move, the time is negligible, a matter of seconds.
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

John,

I told you this before. This is a great game. Beats CoH hands down and I like CoH. It's a great conversion of a great board game series [;)]
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

darkmul

Post by darkmul »

I agree
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Hrothgar

As he was talking about the scale, it's clear that he meant the turns represent 2-4 minutes of real time.

As far as waiting for the AI to move, the time is negligible, a matter of seconds.

Well, if you ever played the old Pride of Nations you'd know why I asked.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Thank you all for your replies.
ORIGINAL: Richie61

John,

I told you this before. This is a great game. Beats CoH hands down and I like CoH. It's a great conversion of a great board game series [;)]

Hi Ed,

I am leaning towards buying it. My hesitation has to do with time. Between Combat Mission, Flashpoint Campaigns, Squad Battles, JohnTillers Campaign Series, and Steel Beasts, where will I find the time for another game. I should think I would need 3 lifetimes to play through all the scenarios I have not yet tried. [X(]

Mind you I have always managed to overcome this hesitation in the past.

John
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: z1812

Thank you all for your replies.
ORIGINAL: Richie61

John,

Hi Ed,

I am leaning towards buying it. My hesitation has to do with time. Between Combat Mission, Flashpoint Campaigns, Squad Battles, JohnTillers Campaign Series, and Steel Beasts, where will I find the time for another game. I should think I would need 3 lifetimes to play through all the scenarios I have not yet tried. [X(]

John

You think YOU have worries about too many games to play? I have 100's. Upwards of more than I care to count. I have so many I stopped counting and proably need to catalog them again. How I miss the days when I had a few games like you do. Do you know what kind of strain that is deciding on what game I should play each day when I have so many crying out my name? Well, perhaps you do if you don't have as much time on your hands as I do right now. Unemployment gives you a lot of playtime and worry time for sure. I blame it all on Steam and Gamersgate and Gog for having all those $5 games for sale. I forget the last time I bought a retail game. Well, no I didn't I bought Diablo III out of the chute last year and it was a $60 pos. Live and learn I always say live and learn. I could have bought 12 poc games for $5 for that $60 I wasted.

Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

[/quote]

Hi Ed,

John[/quote]

John,

This game will hook you quick. When I was beta testing I would fire it up to test for an hour and 3 hours later
I was still testing

It's a true to the bone board game of squad combat [:D]

The Flashpoint patch is delayed and so is the new JTCS.[;)]
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

John,

This game will hook you quick. When I was beta testing I would fire it up to test for an hour and 3 hours later
I was still testing

It's a true to the bone board game of squad combat [:D]

The Flashpoint patch is delayed and so is the new JTCS.[;)]

I think we are in the same time zone too [:'(]

Sun Tzu

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”