Bridges over troubled waters

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva

Chisai

Bridges over troubled waters

Post by Chisai »

Should blown bridges be shown to the WP commanders. I'd like to see Recce units checking the state of the bridge prior to a movement, or at least helicopter flyovers but even that could not tell if the bridge can support a tank crossing it. I remember reading that during the Battle of the Bulge how a Panzer units kept moving down a river looking for a suitable bridge to support a tank crossing.
Robert Trajano
CaptCarnage

RE: Bridges over troubled waters

Post by CaptCarnage »

good point
"One must always distrust the report of troop commanders: 'We have no fuel' [...] You see, if they become tired they suddenly lack fuel" - Heinz Guderian, Panzer Leader
CapnDarwin

RE: Bridges over troubled waters

Post by CapnDarwin »

The bridges shown are considered major bridges that tanks can cross. There has been talk and suggestions of different bridge types and fordable areas. The spotting of VPs, mine and arty kills out of LOS and I guess we can add blown bridges too will be in the discussions and enhancements slated for the 2.04 update where we want to work on making Fog of War more detailed and realistic.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Series”