Problems with actions to activate missions

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Pergite!

Problems with actions to activate missions

Post by Pergite! »

I have a problem...

I want to change EMCON posture for a ship when it comes into a certain area.
I created a event with an area trigger, and an action that activates a mission which changes the designated ships EMCON, and gives it a cetrain waypoint to sail to. The mission is created as a support mission, and set as inactive (since the action in the event should activate it).

When I start the mission however, the ship ignores that the mission is inacative, steams ahead and fires up all its radars.

What am I doing wrong?

I had also hoped that it was possible to set multiple missions for a unit, and then let events choose wich one to make active. However, as I understand it, its only possible to have one mission per unit, inactive or not.
Meroka37

RE: Problems with actions to activate missions

Post by Meroka37 »

If you send a file I could take a look at it.
'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"
Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

Added a test scenario as reference.

Attachments
Triggering..Nchange.zip
(9.35 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

Sorry to bump this up again, but I still have not found any solution.
Blas de Lezo

Post by Blas de Lezo »

ORIGINAL: Pergite!

I have a problem...

I want to change EMCON posture for a ship when it comes into a certain area.
I created a event with an area trigger, and an action that activates a mission which changes the designated ships EMCON, and gives it a cetrain waypoint to sail to. The mission is created as a support mission, and set as inactive (since the action in the event should activate it).

When I start the mission however, the ship ignores that the mission is inacative, steams ahead and fires up all its radars.

What am I doing wrong?

I had also hoped that it was possible to set multiple missions for a unit, and then let events choose wich one to make active. However, as I understand it, its only possible to have one mission per unit, inactive or not.

Hi,
if you just want an ENCOM change to happen when the ships reaches a predefine area, just plot the route you want the ship to follow, and change the sensor condition in the waypoint you want... you dont need to link this with a mission...

Also the plotted waypoints and the mission routes are kind of independent things... the plotted waypoint have precedence over the mission (unleast you check the "ignored pletted course" option), so if you plotted several waypoint, these are linked to the unit not to the mission, meaning than the unit will start to follow those waypoints regarless of the mission status...

So, summarizing, use the waypoints and waypoints orders to change the unit status...

Hope this help

Saludos

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”