ADM-160 MALD questions

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

IWS

ADM-160 MALD questions

Post by IWS »

Was playing around with ADM-160 MALD decoys and have a couple of questions:

All three MALD variants (A, B, C) are listed as having 65nm range in the DB. The external sources I've seen show the A as about 250nm and the B/C as about 500nm. Is there a reason the ranges are so much shorter in the game?

Are there any plans to allow pre-plotting multiple waypoints for MALDs (rather than just BOL) in the future?

Thanks very much for creating this outstanding game. Just got it a week ago and am thoroughly addicted!

Dimitris

RE: ADM-160 MALD questions

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks for the kind words! Logged the request for the range change on MALD. Waypoints for weapons with this capability is definitely on our list. Stay tuned!
mrfeizhu

Post by mrfeizhu »

there are a few web sites that says for the new version is 500 NM also, some of the web sites talked about an experiment with a c 130 cargo plane carrying many of them, http://www.indiandefence.com/forums/wor ... enses.html
Old man sort of living in China for the last 18 years
dandin384

Post by dandin384 »

Speaking of MALD's;

Wanted to try these things out, and I read the Ohio SSGN's can launch them in place of tomahawks. Loaded up all 4 of them with MALD's and let loose then switched to the Russian side to watch an AD controller have a very bad day. However the Russian radar scopes remained blank, and I noticed the MALD's were giving sea skimming a whole new meaning. They were coming in at three feet, which was counter-intuitive to their purpose(And three feet seems unrealistically low). Once they are launched there is no way to change their heading, speed, or altitude(which negates the MALD's waypoint ability), and there is(as far as I know) no way to set an altitude before launch.

I know this is pretty low priority, just though I'd put it on the books. I attached a save game in case it's needed.
Attachments
MALD_Test.zip
(185.96 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks, logged.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”