Article about China vs Japan and US, played out using Command

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Temple

Article about China vs Japan and US, played out using Command

Post by Temple »

Another interesting article from the War Is Boring website, If China’s Airspace Grab Turns Violent, This Is What Could Happen. The hypothetical situation is played out using Command.
TMP95

RE: Article about China vs Japan and US, played out using Command

Post by TMP95 »

Great write up!

Though I doubt the F-22 would hit up their radars IRL (espeically with that first volley of shots, perhaps if all those had missed and they were dark, they would switch to on).
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

No reason for the Raptors to light up the Chinese. They would just fire based on the data link from the fleeing radar plane. The Chinese would probably realize something was out there when the missiles were fired.

A very interesting usage of the game.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
bigfootsf

Post by bigfootsf »

ORIGINAL: tocaff

No reason for the Raptors to light up the Chinese. They would just fire based on the data link from the fleeing radar plane. The Chinese would probably realize something was out there when the missiles were fired.

A very interesting usage of the game.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I didn't think about this earlier in the game. Afterward I realized, oh, yeah, Link 16. Damn.

All six AMRAAMs from a single F-22 lost lock at once. I'd gotten a message about three seconds before that F-22s had detargeted the Chinese. I believe this has happened to me before in Command and I'm not sure what's going on.

-Kyle Mizokami
SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

I think it is only a matter of time before we see Wolf Blitzer using CMANO to play out some world crisis on CNN.
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

Must make you guys feel some pride that others are using the game to see how things, that are going on in the news right now would play out.
AKA - Smudge
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

There are to many variables to ever know how things will play out. Would anybody have projected the USN to win big at Midway? New technology is sexy, but it can fail or just doesn't do what it was supposed to do.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”