Queens evaporise CW TRS

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Dabrion

Queens evaporise CW TRS

Post by Dabrion »

Took the Queens in exchange for a CW TRS using the rclick menu of the unit from the "Naval Review Details" form. That TRS is since vanished. Savegame available.

Attachments
linerofdoom.jpg
linerofdoom.jpg (447.98 KiB) Viewed 3 times
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Centuur

RE: Queens evaporise CW TRS

Post by Centuur »

Here is RAW:

22.4.4 The Queens (SiF option 66)
This unit represents two converted passenger liners (Queen Mary
and Queen Elizabeth) that were justly famous for their speed. You
use it like a faster than usual TRS except that it cannot transport
HQ-A, ARM, MECH, artillery or aircraft units. The Queens can
replace a TRS unit from the start of a scenario.

The code is correct. The Queens replace a TRS. So that transport disappears from the game (is scrapped) and not put back into the force pool. Not a bug.
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Here is RAW:

22.4.4 The Queens (SiF option 66)
This unit represents two converted passenger liners (Queen Mary
and Queen Elizabeth) that were justly famous for their speed. You
use it like a faster than usual TRS except that it cannot transport
HQ-A, ARM, MECH, artillery or aircraft units. The Queens can
replace a TRS unit from the start of a scenario.

The code is correct. The Queens replace a TRS. So that transport disappears from the game (is scrapped) and not put back into the force pool. Not a bug.
I'm not so sure. I think the TRS should be back in the force pool. I would like to investigate this some more.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

What happened is that at first: replacement did not occure! The replacement was invoked two times. first time without effect, second time with expected effect. You can verify that the CW has now 2TRS+Queens in the board, and start with 4 TRS in the Global War scenario.

I think it has to do with invoking the exchange from the rclick-menu inside the NRD (as done the first time). Second time shift+click was used to put a TRS on the top of the stack on the map, and then the replacement was invoked.

That means that the first invocation somehow did not trigger the whole replacement code, as the program did still allow the replacement for the second time, but the removal code piece was triggered. I try to reproduce it, and i have the safe game (sending it right now).
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

What happened is that at first: replacement did not occure! The replacement was invoked two times. first time without effect, second time with expected effect. You can verify that the CW has now 2TRS+Queens in the board, and start with 4 TRS in the Global War scenario.

I think it has to do with invoking the exchange from the rclick-menu inside the NRD (as done the first time). Second time shift+click was used to put a TRS on the top of the stack on the map, and then the replacement was invoked.

That means that the first invocation somehow did not trigger the whole replacement code, as the program did still allow the replacement for the second time, but the removal code piece was triggered. I try to reproduce it, and i have the safe game (sending it right now).
Ah. The NRD code is to blame.[:-] Must have got lost at sea. Thanks.[&o]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”