Where's my "VAMPIRE! VAMPIRE!" audio call ;)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Temple

Where's my "VAMPIRE! VAMPIRE!" audio call ;)

Post by Temple »

I just figured out what I was missing about CMANO versus Harpoon. It's not a lot, since CMANO has improved on so many aspects of that older game. I just realized I missed the old "VAMPIRE! VAMPIRE!" audio call [:)]. There's nothing that will get your attention off other things and back on the game than hearing that call coming over your speakers. It has freaked me out a bit a number of times [X(]
goodwoodrw

RE: Where's my "VAMPIRE! VAMPIRE!" audio call ;)

Post by goodwoodrw »

No vampire vampire vampire please, because of that audio sequence my wife hated it so much I had to play Harpoon with the volume off. Now that both of our computers are in the dedicated computer room I would never be allowed to play Command with the sound on. [:D] [:D][:D]
Formerly Goodwood

Rudd

Post by Rudd »

My kids would ask me if I'm playing that vampire game again
aluminumx

Post by aluminumx »

YouTube had lots of background radio chatter that you can use.
jomni

Post by jomni »

ORIGINAL: BASB

No vampire vampire vampire please, because of that audio sequence my wife hated it so much I had to play Harpoon with the volume off. Now that both of our computers are in the dedicated computer room I would never be allowed to play Command with the sound on. [:D] [:D][:D]

Use headset.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: aluminumx

YouTube had lots of background radio chatter that you can use.
it' not at all about getting a background noise but an active sound track bringing audio signals to the player.
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (April 2022) :-)
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Regarding contacts, there should be the possibility to click on the contact name in the log window to highlight the contact on the map. I'm spending hours to locate contacts on the main map :-(
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (April 2022) :-)
jomni

Post by jomni »

Not ideal but if you turn on the pop up window for contacts in options, there is a button in the pop-up to locate on map.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: jomni

Not ideal but if you turn on the pop up window for contacts in options, there is a button in the pop-up to locate on map.
Excellent !!! I was using the pop-up but haven't notice the locate button ! [nearly] perfect !
chrisol

Post by chrisol »

If I could pick three sounds to add immersion I'd go for:

1. Vampire, Vampire...
2. New Contact
3. Active sonar pings (Ok perhaps this should only be an option if the unit selected as it could be annoying, but active pings from a torpedo closing in would be fun!)

Love the sound of bases being hit btw... That breaking glass component in there really makes me think of a building being taken out...

Thanks
Chris
Dide

Post by Dide »

+1[;)]

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”